Save multiple geo in tandem procedurally

I have multiple simulation output feeding into a switch node, and multiple filecahes on the output of it. I want filecache nodes to be generated based on the number of inputs connected to switch. I am looking for a way to make the switch connect to a specific filecache node depending on the input switch selects and be able to save all the filecaches in one go, instead of me having to do it manually.

Try setting the FileCache node Operation to Write Files and then simply play the timeline. Any animated switching you have should flow through and trigger the appropriate write. Remember to set the time line to play once so it does not loop around.

7 hours ago, Skybar said:

You can create ROP networks in /out. Create a bunch of Geometry ROPs, link them to each sim, merge them and render the merge. You can choose to render frame by frame or node by node.

Thank you David, I had forgotten baout the ROP merge! Any idea on how I can drive the switch so that when the ROP merge moves form one node to next it also triggers the switch to move to next input?

1 hour ago, kashmere said:

Thank you David, I had forgotten baout the ROP merge! Any idea on how I can drive the switch so that when the ROP merge moves form one node to next it also triggers the switch to move to next input?

On the Geometry ROP you have Pre-Render Script, you can write hscript there (or change to python) to make it change the parameter on your Switch. I dont have the syntax in my head but i can look it up tomorrow if you dont get it working. 

47 minutes ago, Skybar said:

On the Geometry ROP you have Pre-Render Script, you can write hscript there (or change to python) to make it change the parameter on your Switch. I dont have the syntax in my head but i can look it up tomorrow if you dont get it working. 

Hey awesome, thanks man! I don't know how Hscript works, but I dug out this line which works for me :)

oppram -q -r -C -v -i /obj/ge1/switch1/ input (0)

1 hour ago, kashmere said:

Hey awesome, thanks man! I don't know how Hscript works, but I dug out this line which works for me :)

oppram -q -r -C -v -i /obj/ge1/switch1/ input (0)

I take that back, it worked for a test case where i just put geo on each input of switch, When I try with my simulation network it didn't. OK here is some more information, I am simulating particles between pairs of source and destination, i am using a curve as guide for pop curve force from source to destination. But all sets of source and destination are a single geo with different name attribute. I am using a blast driven by switch input attribute to isolate each pair of S-D.

So the ROP geo are sourced from same switch node, but the Hscript would change the switch value depending on which ROP geo is being rendered by the merge. theoretically it works [ on test geo] but not if the geos are replaced by simulation in my case.

On 6/13/2018 at 6:27 PM, Yon said:

Use a wedge, it will cache multiple times and change switch value for each

see peter quint millions 2 for demo of that

Hey James! thanks man! still teaching me after school XD