Fill object with liquid all the way

blankvisual

Hey pros,

This sounds very basic but somehow i have lost too much time trying to achieve it. I have a character that is empty on the inside and i am trying to fill it up with fluid all the way. 

I have a sphere emitting particles and the liquid seems to be reacting correctly to the surface but as it pours it doesnt seem to go above a certain level. 

I have read about using divergence but everything i find online seems to use deprecated/now hiden nodes.

I have tried enabling the “divergence” by attribute and add a pop wrangle with the divergence value but no success. I feel not so smart atm...

could someone please post a hip for me? I cant seem to get it right.

Please don't reference my tutorials on that youttube channel.

That youtuber rips off my tutorials and all others to monetize them.

He/she refuses to acknowledge me or my request to take them down.

Edited by Atom

15 minutes ago, Atom said:

didn't realize that : ( can you post the right link then?

Edited by ejr32123

@Atom I am familiar with your tutorial and thank you so much for helping out everyone with that but unfortunately I can't replicate that setup using H17. 

Source volume node in DOPS is no longer avail. I did get it back using "opunhide" but i get quite confused with old and new nodes while trying to learn the logic behind this.

Now its called volume source and is different, any chance you could help me setup in H17?

Much appreciated for your help guys.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:54 AM, Atom said:

Have you gone through this method? If they get three strikes their channel is permanently deleted.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807622?hl=en

Luke, I did look into that. The trouble with YouTube policy is that I must give my public address to file a complaint and that address becomes available to the person I am complaining about, however, no information about them is made available to me. I don't like that policy.

Edited by Atom

Hey @Atom and @ejr32123

Im totally able to fill the object now using both methods but man is divergence causing my liquid to "jitter"/"flicker" like crazy.

Do you know how I can smooth this particle movement? 

I'm using VDB but even with smooth pretty high you can still see it....quite nasty.

Surface.JPG

Generally speaking, you can smooth fluid surfaces by increasing the Oversample of the particle reseed on the fluid solver. Try a much larger number than the default, like 16 or 48.

Edited by Atom

Thank you @Atom , for your time.

I did notice a lot of smoothness with oversample overdose and sim times didnt seem to get affect much or at all.

For my case I think i solved this particular issue by using the original geo and the sim geo via a VDB combine so there is no intersection with the "glass".

THANK YOU

Fred