Anyone here has experience importing OBJ file that is created i n Houdini to 3D max?

ISUther

Anyone here has experience importing OBJ file that is created i n Houdini to 3D max?
As i cant find a way how to export my model out as DWG file (so i can load it in in Autocad) as i need to add measurements like wall height and how many
square meters it has etc.
I was trying to import it to 3D max and save out DWG fromat there. But model looks horrible in 3D max.

3DMAXSettings.jpg

3DMaxImport.jpg

3DMAXMODEL.jpg

alembic.jpg

And here is same model in Houdini

HoudiniModel.jpg

Edited by ISUther

Maybe try using FBX to transfer from Houdini to 3ds Max, might give cleaner results.  Select your geo, then go to File->Export->Filmbox FBX...  In the options, there is a choice for 3ds Max format.

For the obj options above, since the model doesn't look smoothed, nor have materials, turn off the Smoothing Groups and Import Materials options, should give a cleaner result in the viewport.  It's mostly cosmetic if your final export is to dxf/dwg, but might solve why the model looks so different when imported.