bifrost

How to apply Turbulence to Pressure field?

Hey guys, can anyone here help me with how to mask my turbulence to my pressure field that pyro creates by default?

I tried looking around and a lot of posts have been made talking about that it's a really good way to get rid of mushroom looks and add details at the start of the sim. But I cant find an example file for it. Any help on the subject would be awesome.

6 minutes ago, RoaringDog said:

I think you can use pressure as a control field in Turbulence microsolver. 

Thanks for the reply Madi. Is there a way to visualise that pressure field? 

Edit: just tried pressure as a control field. Doesn't work. There is no difference in the sim with or without it. :(

Edited by bifrost

31 minutes ago, bifrost said:

Edit: just tried pressure as a control field. Doesn't work. There is no difference in the sim with or without it.

hm it should work. Did you set the control influence to 1 and then remap the values?

9 hours ago, Jesper Rahlff said:

hm it should work. Did you set the control influence to 1 and then remap the values?

I will give this a try. May be I need to control range on that. Also is there a way to visualise your pressure field? 

to visualize the pressure field
go to smokeobject/smokeconfigureobject/pressure_data and plug a scalarfieldvisualization DOP
or you can create your own field with a gasmatchfield, copy the data and use the same scalarfieldvisualization