eyfox

Texture from attribute for use in COPS without baking

Posted (edited)

Hallo everyone,

i am new here. I have searched for a solution to this problem, but cant find one. I want to transfer a point-attribute from a polysurface with uvs into COPS. Just like it works with heightfields and the "Sop Import"-node.

I read that the qLib "uvPointCloud ql" would be the solution for this, but the node does not work for me. There is a warning that the "ray_ql1"-node inside is using an incomplete asset definition?

UPDATE: Solved the issue with the "ray_ql1" node by importing the asset manually from the qLib-folder, but still could not get it to work unfortunately.

Also found out that i could convert the polySurface into a volume and then get the colors from there into cops with "Sop Import"-node i guess, but not sure how to go about making the volume with the inherited color-attribute?

thanks,

Marcus

Edited by eyfox

Not sure if I understand correctly, but if you want to bake in COPs point attribute in uv space, then VEX works as usual: 

vector uv  = set(X, Y, 0);
vector clr = uvsample("op:/obj/geo/geometry", "Cd", "uv", uv);
R = clr.x; G = clr.y; B = clr.z;

Copy this (replacing path and attribute name) into Snippet VOP inside vopcop2filter and you should have the attribute baked into texture. 

• Like 1

Thanks i will try that!