teleliq

Houdini UI broken on new Dell XPS 2-in1

Hi,

I just installed Houdini on my Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 and i'm getting this (Screenshot). I already tried to delete the Houdini folder in documents and deleted the icon cache files. Viewport navigation works, but the UI itself looks distorted and all the icons are gone. Windows scaling is also not the issue. I tried everything there. Fun thing is, that all the buttons are clickable. So if you know where  the "Edit" menu is, you can click it. I also Any ideas what can cause this? Rolling back to an older Intel Iris Plus driver also doesn't seem to work. Looks like Dell uses modified versions of the driver and doesn't let me install something different. Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers
Simon

screenshot_houdini_xps.jpg

Edited by teleliq

What is the graphics card? It is possible it is a not supported one.

The second thing I would suggest is what you have already done by deleting your preferences. Another alternative is to reinstall Houdini. If it's the graphics card issue there isn't much hope for you.

If all else fails you can use one of the several remote workstation setups like Atheria.

Having the same issues on a surface pro 7 - seems to be an issue with either the iris graphics in general or at least the current display driver (I couldn't find a working version though). Did you try some older versions of houdini (with qt4 support) as I've read similar issues were resolved by using qt4 builds of houdini (although this would set you back to 16.5 at best if I remember correctly) 

On 12/1/2019 at 9:12 PM, flo said:

Having the same issues on a surface pro 7 - seems to be an issue with either the iris graphics in general or at least the current display driver (I couldn't find a working version though). Did you try some older versions of houdini (with qt4 support) as I've read similar issues were resolved by using qt4 builds of houdini (although this would set you back to 16.5 at best if I remember correctly) 

Same here ,tried with 16.5 and with qt4 and even 18 they all had the same problem. Contacted sidefx theybtested on an older version of surface and it seems to be working there. hopefully its just a driver issue