Vellum grains

cmedithi

HI Houdini Guys,

Does anyone know , how to add random mass to vellum grain clumps, so that the bigger clumps falls fast.

"context is that is that a creature comes out of ground and i need to add mass for the clumps, which is done with vellum grains."

i tried using drag with mass option. but that did not work.

sorry i cant share any hip file, Thankyou!

you may need to compute it yourself for example by computing density from how many particles are within certain radius using nearpoints() function

2 hours ago, Noobini said:

didn't Galileo prove a few hundred years ago that objects with different masses fall to Earth with the SAME acceleration ? Unless you're a diehard Aristotle fan I guess.

or unless you are considering air resistance, which you should unless you are in vacuum, don't expect bowling ball and feather to hit the ground at the same time, similarly large chunk of soil will fall faster than individual grains

22 minutes ago, anim said:

you may need to compute it yourself for example by computing density from how many particles are within certain radius using nearpoints() function

or unless you are considering air resistance, which you should unless you are in vacuum, don't expect bowling ball and feather to hit the ground at the same time, similarly large chunk of soil will fall faster than individual grains

well yes bowling ball vs feather case goes without saying...so I didn't say it.

large chunks vs fine particles are less obvious....but it's a similar effect I guess..ie. just a slight breeze is enough to blow fine dust back up while large solid chunks keep on falling.

Edited by Noobini