vellum blend(inflate objet)

davilucho

Hi all
Im testing vellum blend for a personal work . I have attached a file where I inflate a torus and a pighead. I need to do it with a rest position so I have used a vellum blend to control of how start the geo animation and how it ends.  With the torus works very well but if i use the pigheadtest is not working as expected. Torus and pighead has almost same size, points, and primitives. Is the pighead not working as expected because of the shape of the geo?? This is my question. If I apply a polyreduce to the pighead I start to get accurate results, but the things is that I want to do it with a high poly car model, so I would like avoid polyreduce to get good results. I have noticed that with high poly models is almost  impossible to inflate using this method. Also Im trying to inflate by areas, I mean, per example inflate first the head of the pig and then the ears, in a gradual way. Can any one point me the right direction  with this??

Thanks a lot for any help my friends

inflating_test.hip

seems to be working fine

it's not inflating fully simply because you currently have only "cloth" constraints so stretch and bend constraints, no pressure, no struts, no tets so in other words no constraints that are able to enforce the volume. Also your constraint iteration is fairly low

by using Vellum Rest Blend your stretch and bend constraints are correctly adjusting their rest state so it's all up to their stiffness and constraint iterations * substeps

so you can increase your iterations or substeps and bend stiffness to see how close you will get to the "inflation" that way, which may be enough for relatively low-mid res geo, but ultimately you may need to add at least struts, but probably better tet or pressure constraints 

Edited by anim

Thank yo very much for response. I did some changes in my geo in terms of mesh and is working perfectly. I also I have increase my substep as you said. Now my next goal is try in to inflate my geo by areas, i mean, not all the same time, first front area of the car, the nthe middle and finally the back. Lest see If i can get a good result. Thanks all.

• 3 months later...
On 25/2/2020 at 7:10 PM, davilucho said:

Thank yo very much for response. I did some changes in my geo in terms of mesh and is working perfectly. I also I have increase my substep as you said. Now my next goal is try in to inflate my geo by areas, i mean, not all the same time, first front area of the car, the nthe middle and finally the back. Lest see If i can get a good result. Thanks all.

hey can u share that hip file  im doing the same thing but its not working