Flip Source From Points

Brickouz

Hi everyone :)

I was playing with the flip source node and I am wonderig : is there a way to create a flip source from points, instead of from geometry ?

For exemple now I want to create a flip collider from a point simulation, if I want to use the cool flip source node I have to create a vdb from particles + convert vdb to mesh + flip source, I guess there would be a more efficient way ?

Have a good day, thank you for your time :D

3 hours ago, Atom said:

@Brickhouz: Did you check out the expert tips Noobini posted? It looks like Kevin Pinga suggests connecting a PopSource node directly to the sourcing input of the flip solver.

I think OP wants to use Flip Source in SOPland tho, not flip solver in DOP

I heard of this experts tips, I feel like a pro using the pop source for flip now :D

I found that vdb from particle fluid works very well to create a collision, it only takes one node and it seems to be accepted by the volume source collider in the dops so far.. thanks for all these answers !!

2 hours ago, Brickouz said:

I feel like a pro using the pop source for flip now

be careful with this though, as POP Source doesn't care about particle separation so it's easy to over/under-saturate the particle amount

if you have Reseeding ON, then that should take care of managing point density, however if you want it OFF then it's up to you to make sure that your particle separation in the source is correct also make sure you don't source to areas where there are particles already present

Edited by anim