Borsi

Hey folks,
I wanna do some pyro work.
To make that look convincing I need realistic sparks. I tested a little bit and watched tutorials, but the sparks are not really convincing. Like it seems there is no temperature and they are way too universal. I would appreciate it if someone would be able to help, because I feel like I searched the whole web and there is no Documentation really. I saw how Rise fx did it for Doctor strange, but that was very briefly (here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6-HW34e0WA). Im a beginner in Houdini, so dont be rough on me.

realistic sparks.hip

Edited by Borsi

47 minutes ago, tamagochy said:

You should be more specific on your question. Realistic sparks setup is not simple and I think nobody gave it to you or do it for you.

I dont think it is simple at all. But I followed a Tutorial and It seems too generic and it didn't seem, like there is any heat. Even though the particle disappear it doesnt look like, the Sparks are cooling of, if you know what I mean.

Do some particle sims with variation in overly-bright orange and yellow (or blue or whatever) color ranges and render them either as tubes or points of varying size with motion blur and glow/expose them up in comp with color/brightness fading over life to indicate spark death.  I've used multiple spark setups over the years and they essentially have all boiled down to that basic recipe so don't overthink it too much, save all that thinking for the pyro and rbd sims ;)

Edited by ryew

13 hours ago, ryew said:

Do some particle sims with variation in overly-bright orange and yellow (or blue or whatever) color ranges and render them either as tubes or points of varying size with motion blur and glow/expose them up in comp with color/brightness fading over life to indicate spark death.  I've used multiple spark setups over the years and they essentially have all boiled down to that basic recipe so don't overthink it too much, save all that thinking for the pyro and rbd sims ;)

Thx for the advice mate.... Can u help me too with the pyro sim in the .hip? I got a particle Setup to emit smoke from the Particles, but they wont show up. I try to achieve this: Screenshot_13.thumb.png.0074e08ddf13d975b0945ad7e05fc4ed.png