Pyro sim with moving emitter

marcegido

Hi all,

I'm kinda new to houdini and i'm doing an animated pyro flame sim and when my emitter moves the fire doesn't follow the emitter, it looks like the emitter keeps working but the smoke and fire can't generate, i've attached photos so you can take a look, if you know how I can get this working i'll really appreciate a response.

By the way my emitter is a torus, that's why the shape in suspension is a circle.

Thanks!

6031af86d5441_Capturadepantalla2021-02-21alas1_54_52.thumb.png.30e13a99d47a7c3312586b90cda6fbe5.png

Hey Marc, what you're facing is a common problem in doing FX on animated characters/geometry. 

As Atom suggests, increasing substeps and/or blurring your volume source will likely help track and blend with the simulation with the motion of your animated source geometry. 

If you haven't already seen it, check out this related tutorial and see how he ensures a steady emission stream as the character moves away

Edited by ryew

I'm not sure what you are asking precisely...

But if you are talking about the gap in your sim when you have a moving source (or a fast-moving source), try to trail(trail SOP) your source particle so you have a better interpretation.

Not to mention you need at least 2 substeps for fire sim.

Cheers!