Flame attachment and render problem

Daniel16_16

Hello community,

I am doing a SpaceX starship rocket landing on an extended ocean (flip sim integrated), right now I am working on the rocket exhaust which should interact with the flip simulation.

1. I have created the pyro simulation of the exhaust flame and now I want to add this pyro flame sim to the rocket model where the exhaust should be. 

2. I have done a point expression for the pyro cache, it has worked out.

BUT now, when I want to render it, the flame is staying on the grid and isn't on the rocket. 

I hope you understand a bit about my idea. Here is a screenshot with the problem.

here is the hip file with the 3d modell https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Q_c7VAu4qidMzSdMLl7IBvPs3VeqTlMi?usp=sharing

I would really appreciate help, because I have set a deadline for my own and I want to reach it! :)

starship rocket problem houdini.jpg

Houdini_move flame_part.jpg

In this particular case rivet node calculating the transform from vector attributes "up" and "N" on point 32. In attribute wrangle i just take these previously calculated attributes from point 0  and set them to point 32.

1 hour ago, Daniel16_16 said:

oh okay. 

And another question, from where did you found out the group?

I selected primitives in a viewport and hit "Delete"

1 hour ago, Daniel16_16 said:

Hey,

I have tried to understand what you have done there but I dont really understand it... 

For example I dont understand how you have set the groups...

Would you mind to read? https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/obj/rivet.html

What group do you mean? Point group on rivet node? If so, you can see the numbers of points in viewport if you check on "Display point numbers" button.

Pic_01.png

Or you can set point group and type group's name inside "Point Group" parameter of Rivet node, this is the same.

Edited by vicvvsh