Apprentice Challenge

Marc

So... Anyone here thinking about taking part in the apprentice challenge? I think I could do with a snazzy new HP machine I must say.

Anyway, I'm certainly in, and I'm definitely going to be posting WIP's (thats work in progressesssess for the uninitiated... pffttt :rolleyes: ) so lets get cracking. Maybe the odforce regulars can make a clean sweep, that'll sure show 'em :D.

yaaaayy

Marc

I'm in aswell! Still awaiting SESI's e-mail. (For the details and information they promised in the Apprentice Challenge page. Also, if I remember correctly, they'd release the names of the judges.)

I've already been making storyboards and sketches for it while I was at my grandparents in Italy. And if anyone cares to see them, I might post them here. (Together with some model progress shots).

Which section are you entering? effect, model or character? I'm still deciding what to do.... hmmmm....

I'm thinking that if there is enough interest (ie enough people doing it ;)) then I'll make specific forum for the challenge. Everyone can have their own topic that way, and post updates and whatnot...

Marc

Which section are you entering? effect, model or character? I'm still deciding what to do.... hmmmm....

I'm thinking that if there is enough interest (ie enough people doing it ;)) then I'll make specific forum for the challenge. Everyone can have their own topic that way, and post updates and whatnot...

Marc

I am going to focus on all three. In the end, I'm going to decide what I'm submitting it. That is if I have to.

A seperate forum? Hmm, doesn't sound like a bad idea.

this is really cool, and i hope to see lots of action coming out of here.

this will really help me get focused as i'm all over the place.

i suppose if you're really clever you could clean up all categories, though i guess that would have to be quite special.

this will be good to push us and get the best out of us.

good luck to all!!!

ok, and its done. Please start a topic with your name, the category you're entering (model, character, Fx) and perhaps a project name...

So, the format would be something like : Marc : Model - Big scary squirrel.

Hopefully that will maintain some sort of order. If you're entering all three, then make one topic per entry. If your entry is a combination of all three, then just put 'All' as your category.

Does that sound good to everyone?

Marc

ok, I'm convinced... I'm toally entering... all exited now... can't wait to start... don't have computer.... will sleep at work...

most likely I'll enter the effects challenge. Have an idea, but nothing fleshed out yet... storyboards, color boards, sketches... all to follow... wait, we have 6 months? ok, lemme know when we have a week left. I work best under pressure.

Cheers!

Jens

:blink:

I hope you're not referring to me when you mention emplyees of SideFX :).

If so, then you need to check my homepage again :P ... I am now with Digital Domain, so I can freely enter the competition. yaaay.

As for groups. Jens asked the same question, and I personally don't see why not. The problem is is that it would be difficult for you to share the prize (timeshare on a graphics card??). But you'll definitely need to ask SESI about that.

And as for the big project thing.... .well, yes, it is a big project. Thats why I've made the forum for WIP's. There are some really experienced people on this forum and you'll get some great crits on your work. And even if you don't win the prize, I'm fairly certain you'll learn alot about Houdini and whatever topic you choose to enter in.

So go for it. We'll back you up B)

Cheers

Marc