Rocket exhaust - Particle based pyro simulation

Daniel_Voloshkevych

Hello folks,

I am trying to re-create the "rocket exhaust expansion effect", when a rocket goes up and the flame is expanding because of the thiner atmosphere.. I have now 2 particle simulations, which are my main source for my pyro simulation.. but when I attached a pyro sim to the particle sim, then there are small flame points: as seen on my screenshot.. (it was rendered with Blender, Cylces)... and it also looks that ugly in Houdini... 

how can I achieve the wanted effect like on the reference picture: 
and how I need to set up my pyro sim, so that these dots will dissapear and will get visible as a seamless flame like on the reference picture..? - I have tried to add substeps but 

But the main thing is, that I am following the SpaceX Starship programm, and there will be a much bigger Rocket with more engines... 
And now i am wondering how can I create this massive flame which will be produced by this massive rocket... 

I have attached 2 images, and 1 video, where I am showing my current particle simulations:

one image my current simulation... the other image is the reference image... and the 3rd image is the problem which I am facing right now... 

I would really appreciate some help from this community,

thanks in advance 

Daniel

pyro rocket.jpg

image.png

2022-05-11 14-03-50.mp4

image.png

Hard to tell without looking at a hip to see how you're sourcing, but generally it helps to fade off the density based on the age of the particle. May also be helpful to use a pop proximity in your particle sim to kill any particles that stray too far from your main sim, so you don't have stray dots of density in your volume source.