Siggraph: Who Is Going?

Jason

I'll be there. If anyone from odforce wants to get together we can try to meet up at the bar in the Omni Hotel across for the convention center Monday night around 7PM-8PM. Myself, aracid and theKenny will likely be there. I'm there all week and will be at SESI's party.

I'll be there. If anyone from odforce wants to get together we can try to meet up at the bar in the Omni Hotel across for the convention center Monday night around 7PM-8PM. Myself, aracid and theKenny will likely be there. I'm there all week and will be at SESI's party.

Sounds good! I'll be there!

I'm here ... two days now.. the presentations today were good. I can't sit anymore today though :)

the fast preview on the papers was really good. some of them were really funny.

seems to be a few good ones on toon/line shaders in the GPU that looked really neat.

see you tomorrow night..

if not sooner. i'll be at the free expert panel @1pm tomorrow.

-k

The party was great fun, thanks SESI! I'm typing this through a solid well-earned hangover. As for news, I can hardly recall my name right now but I'll post something as soon as I figure how to get it off my camera-phone! :blink::lol:

The party was great fun, thanks SESI! I'm typing this through a solid well-earned hangover. As for news, I can hardly recall my name right now but I'll post something as soon as I figure how to get it off my camera-phone! :blink::lol:

Some photos!? O great! Thanks Jason and take care of you head! :)

I just got back.

The pyhton Master class was good. Luke gave me some one on one time to answer some questions about embedding python in HDA's after the class, much appreciated.

The experts panel really wandered away from Houdini, lots of discussion about pipeline and the touchy-feely aspects of making software usable to artists. It was a worthwhile discussion.

The particle class was good if for nothing else it was the first time I'd seen someone actually use the new features of the interface, and it gave me an appreciation of how much workflow can be improved taking advantage of the tabs and shelves, etc. The funniest bit about the particle class was that it was a really, really basic intro, and sitting there is Sho Hasegawa, who the very next day was to give a sketch on how he and the team at SPI created the Sandman for Spiderman 3.

Muscle class, Calin ran through pretty much the entire feature list of Muscles in Houdini; so quickly the class could not keep up. It was well worth seeing.

Fluids, Alan and Erika, explaining volume fluids and particle fluids respectively. Simple examples but a thorough presentation. I think as far as presenters go Alan was my favorite. He's clear, quick, extremely thorough, and quite funny. Houdini crashed on him during the class and without missing a beat he says "So you see, I have very quickly closed my Houdini session..." It was followed up with a Q&A with Jeff Lait of SESI, and in the abscence of too many questions, Jeff just gave us a lot of insight into how fluids are implemented into Houdini 9 and why SESI made the choices they did in the implementation. This was an eye opener for me.

As for the User Group, it was nice to see them highlight "hobbyist" work, but I kind of missed seeing more of the big customer presentations. We got a good presentation from Framestore.

All in all they had a really good show.