potbelly pig

jwoelper

As a Houdini beginner (I am from Maya) i tried modelling organic shapes in Houdini. This was my first attempt so far. People told me that Houdini was nearly useless for modelling, but I think it works alright. I guess I will be uvmapping and texturing this model later on, too.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Cheers Johann

post-2910-1208981220_thumb.jpg

post-2910-1208981265_thumb.jpg

Cool - like it! More please!

Thanks! I quickly added bones (which are cool in Houdini, i can change the underlying geometry and the capture remains - i have seen this in no other tool)

Here the pig effortlessly performs a handstand.

post-2910-1208988078_thumb.jpg

one of best models i seen modeled in houdini, network must be gargantuan though, :)

Thanks! I intend to post the hip file when i am done with the uvs (and i want to try some copy sop fur). Because the model is rather lowpoly (before getting subdivided) the network is not too long.

Cheers

Johann

your model could provide nice basis for some rigging challenge (autorig, muscles/fat simulation, dop fur, etc )

Good idea! I have no clue how one would so a fat simulation or stuff like that... I have attached the pig model for everyone to toy around with. Please note that i is not finished yet.

pig_model.hipnc

I have also tried to add some simple "fur" (lines being copystamped) but the result is rather strange.

post-2910-1209080744_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Johann

Good idea! I have no clue how one would so a fat simulation or stuff like that... I have attached the pig model for everyone to toy around with. Please note that i is not finished yet.

Cheers

Johann

Thank for doing this, really nice stuff!

Cheers,

sy.

PS Looks like we have a volunteer for modeling/rigging tutorial... ;)

I have tried uvmapping the model using uvpelt and brushing / uvediting.

Here is the progress so far ( the map looks still wrong on several spots)

post-2910-1209333256_thumb.jpg

And a closeup. I got to texture the eyeballs, this looks like a zombie pig from day of the dead...

post-2910-1209333266.jpg

When i have got the time i might put up some modelling howto with all stuff I have encountered so far if somebody is interested, maybe with a from-scratch thing with a different model.

Cheers

Johann