Houdini 11: two problems

Hi all,

just downloaded the new shining 11, the installation was fine.

Actually I have two problem:

1. After launching, Houdini says it cannot launch the help in the browser:

post-2959-128030714759_thumb.jpg

2. The other problem is about this simple scene test_scene.hipnc

I can't render because Houdini crashes and it says this:

post-2959-12803071842_thumb.jpg

I have the Apprentice licenses normally installed, I have Houdini 10.0.595 Apprentice installed, I'm using XP SP2 (32bit of course).

Thanks in advance for any help.

hi,

for the icons problem, i think is the same as previous version of houdini in linux. If i remeber well just delete the .icons folder into home user and restart Houdini. ( you can find the solution by doing a search in sidefx forum)

papi.

hi,

for the icons problem, i think is the same as previous version of houdini in linux. If i remeber well just delete the .icons folder into home user and restart Houdini. ( you can find the solution by doing a search in sidefx forum)

papi.

Thanks! I've just delete de houdini10.0 and houdini11.0 and it start to work.

Maybe just a conflict between those file's folder.

• 4 weeks later...

"fatal error segmentation fault"....different houdini 11 versions up to current... win7 64 ...quadrofx ...

i'm always getting the error when i try to load a big hdri(.rat) into the viewport... sometimes it comes up... after closing the scene and reopening houdini crashes with the stated error...

Hi folks.

I just got the icons to work - Great :-)

But I have a a very slow viewportperformance allthough Im using a quadroFX 3400 with the latest driver ( ver. 259.12 ).

Are there another driver thats better?

Thanks a lot

Erik

"fatal error segmentation fault"....different houdini 11 versions up to current... win7 64 ...quadrofx ...

i'm always getting the error when i try to load a big hdri(.rat) into the viewport... sometimes it comes up... after closing the scene and reopening houdini crashes with the stated error...

Please submit this to SESI as a bug.

But I have a a very slow viewport performance allthough Im using a quadroFX 3400 with the latest driver ( ver. 259.12 ).

Are there another driver thats better?

The QuadroFX 3400, although it is a pro card, is based on the Nvidia 6800 consumer card which is old and rather slow by today's standards. You can improve performance by turning off Material Shaders in the Effects tab of the Display Options, though most of the viewport features won't be available anymore.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This missing icons error has to be the dumbest and the most annoying bug on earth ever. The most powerful 3d application on earth that is Houdini has the dumbest bug of missing icons in the layout. I am speechless. This issue is even worse when one uses the dark theme.

It renders Houdini useless, makes it visually disorienting. I really do not know how else to describe this mess.

I am under Debian using .581 build

thanks

Edited by oldiesgoodies