Boat At Sea

One shot of a small project I'm working on:

More to come soon!

• Like 3

Hey, here are some pictures showing the render AOVs and composite:

post-6960-0-98296700-1369722115_thumb.jp

post-6960-0-40172300-1369722195_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Very interesting! Regarding the vorticity, velocity and wave cusp AOVs, how were they exported...from the shader customizing it, or changing everything in a take and rendering that?

Good job!

Nice work! my ocean render is bad! hope you give some ocean shader production! Thanks!

It looks great john! I really enjoyed seen your great piece work :)

What processor are you using? I feel like getting a new one since my two years old i5 is lacking a bit in power.

Have a good one!

what a beautiful work.

I see that ocean waves aren´t dynamic but added as a deformation after sim, which is understandable.

Incidentally I´m working on a scene with ocean Flips, just with an aerial vehicle (helicopter, very much like Igor Zanic´s old Naiad test) as opposed to a boat, but I tried to use dynamic waves for the ocean....and my conclusions so far (just some compo work left) are that it´s probably not a great idea. One of the main reasons for this conclusion is that those dynamic waves make painfully obvious where the limits of your container are, and it´s gonna be tough to hide it...

I will post it soon.

But congrats on this. Both, shading and sim are top notch!

Wonderful work. Is there is any way to share your work for novice like me to get motivated.

Thanks in advance.

osolo

Nice work, John!

Me and Gustav were looking at it today and it's cool to see your integration between flip and ocean.

So you've covered fire, fracturing and now a bit of ocean and flip - what's the next one :)?

What processor are you using? I feel like getting a new one since my two years old i5 is lacking a bit in power.

Intel i7-3930k

(Six cores @ 3.2GHz)

32GB RAM

quadro 4000

Nice work, John!

Me and Gustav were looking at it today and it's cool to see your integration between flip and ocean.

So you've covered fire, fracturing and now a bit of ocean and flip - what's the next one :)?

Thanks Peter! I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna work on next, maybe continue looking into ocean FX stuff for the time being.

Intel i7-3930k

(Six cores @ 3.2GHz)

32GB RAM

quadro 4000

thank you for the reply mate and once again impressive work!

Great sim and fantastic render!

I have a little problem with my foam test: the foam seem to vanish very quickly, Modifying the life parameter doesn't make that much a difference. How can I make my foam floating longer on the sea?

I can really use your advice, thank you very much!