Render quickly - with look just like viewport

Hi peeps -

The viewport renders my pyro sim in an instant, and looks pretty much the way I want the final to look. However, with Mantra PBR it takes about 16 minutes per frame (!). 

What kind of render settings will get you the viewport's look? Is there a way to include the alpha in Flipbook? 

thanks!

I think you can put the Backgroud as "Dark" in Display options, use the flipbook from the cam putting in the size settings the resolution you want and enabling the Crop Out View Mask Overlay ...

I tried with the OpenGL output node but the quality is different.

Hope this helps and I also hope there's a better way using the OpenGL output node :)

Cheers!

hmm.. trying to get this to work - the OpenGL output node was a good idea, but it doesn't render an alpha channel....that I'm aware of?

Oh WAIT! it worked ! Alpha channel shows up

now I just need to get rid of the wireframe bounding boxes that display in the render - any idea?

Edited by cwalrus

Archive.zip

Nothing happens - i actually went through as a test and deselected everything in display options. 

Also there are no Pyro nodes in this scene. Nothing but the .bgeos and lights.

Let me reduce it and upload it....Maybe it's because I'm on a Mac?

Edited by cwalrus

That's just one frame of the .bego sequence for upload's sake

Not like this is going to show you what my preferences are... but at least you can see if you can get the bounding boxes to turn off at your end....?

Edited by cwalrus

Ok - this is whackypants now. 

It's baked into the sim! Merlino, when you said that I double-checked it and realized I had given you the wrong .bgeo frame. Attached is the correct one.  Compare it with that other one.

In answer to your other question, I'm trying both the OpenGL output and Flipbook - whatever works ! 

Mark A., I dove into the Geo node, and put a "Delete" sop on it, and can't get the lines to go away, no matter what I choose. 

nuke_sim_v001.0015.bgeo.zip

Glad it worked out!

I've already an Rfe in to change the Pyro domain bounding box geometry to Guides so this can be more easily toggled off, for OpenGL renders et al. Rfe #71443.

I am also interesting in this but I am not satisfied with the viewport renderings for final render. How can you get the same look of the viewport for volumes but in Mantra without spending too much time? How to achieve this using the various render settings?

That worked! Somehow the BBox was baked into the sim / bgeo sequence. 

This is why I am so grateful for you guys and this forum-  how else in the world would I have figured that out ??!?

thanks guys

The bbox (and other guide stuff) is baked into the dop if you just pull all the dop data (also depends on what is set to visualize in your dop net).  if you do a dop import fields, you'll just get the volume data.

• Like 1

I am also interesting in this but I am not satisfied with the viewport renderings for final render. How can you get the same look of the viewport for volumes but in Mantra without spending too much time? How to achieve this using the various render settings?

maybe volume slices aligned to the camera...