3dBUZZ VTMs?

djpeanut

You know what! Just stop being a Freeloader and just buy the dvd. Atleast support Buzz in some way after all his input into houdini is very generous.

16201[/snapback]

Keltuzar is right just buy the set .

They need some support from the community.

It was one of the better training investments I've made yet.

The DVD's are very good.

I highly recomend it.

:)

Well it's nice that you guys want to support Buzz, but err, don't spend your money on free stuff I'd say. I think, or at least really hope, that Buzz will eventually do more Houdini vids, and when he does, those won't just be available for download but you'll have to buy them on DVD (if I got his announcment on cgtalk right).

agreed.

keltuzar, i feel you comments were a somewhat ignorant considering you have no idea who djpeanut is or what his reasons were for wanting to view them. he just innocently asked how to find them.

while i applaud your wanting to support 3dbuzz, it may just not be possible for some. for example, i just graduated from school this past May and I quite enjoyed the fact that a place like 3dbuzz was there to give my skills some tuning. Considering every month I get a bill from the government with a tab of 91 thousand dollars on it (and that's down from the original amount of 110) it's good to know that there was knowledge out there readily available for me and others to use at a time when we may not be able to pay for such things.

This same thing could be compared to places dedicated to learning material such as a library. Sure, one could support writers and the literary community by purchasing those books needed, but places like libraries are there for people who can't.

Hell, even take a place like od[force] where many take the time and effort (both jason/marc as well as the posters) to just spread the freedom of knowledge.

Well it's nice that you guys want to support Buzz, but err, don't spend your money on free stuff I'd say. I think, or at least really hope, that Buzz will eventually do more Houdini vids, and when he does, those won't just be available for download but you'll have to buy them on DVD (if I got his announcment on cgtalk right).

16225[/snapback]

Yea why pay for whats free,

good question depending on where your coming from.

Student already in debt to the eyeballs probably not.

Working proffessional freelance or staff looking to extend their knowledge

probably so.

The buzz site needs support and tries to deliver to both those with and those without. Its up to us who can donate to do so.

I bought my set . I had already seen quite a number if not all the Buzz vids on houdini that were online and a few besides, So I was able to get into it easily and it didnt cost me a thing but after that I decided to support them by purchasing the DVD set.

Just my 2 cents.

gilder

sterling

franks

whatever..

Cheers :D

hum freeloader?

Are you the one that got banned from Cgtalk ?  :rolleyes:

16238[/snapback]

When ur a student and you need to get acess to softwares and you pay the school to use their educational version leaving no room to buy any of your own, one has to think of the ethics of the price of softwares for students. So yes I am the guy who got banned from cgtalk, but the for the reason of having an opinion which did not "suit" their investors.

When ur a student and you need to get acess to softwares and you pay the school to use their educational version leaving no room to buy any of your own, one has to think of the ethics of the price of softwares for students. So yes I am the guy who got banned from cgtalk, but the for the reason of having an opinion which did not "suit" their investors.

16239[/snapback]

Cgtalk is fine site that has its own policies and its own purpose. They're not bound to entertain you if you insult them as their guest on their forums. They're not bound by an oath like journalists or doctors, their mission statement is their form of oath. On this site, in the name of the community we ask everyone to exercise that Lost Art of Diplomacy which, shockingly enough, can be done without impinging on your opinion.

So, on with the sharing already! ;)

Cgtalk is fine site that has its own policies and its own purpose. They're not bound to entertain you if you insult them as their guest on their forums. They're not bound by an oath like journalists or doctors, their mission statement is their form of oath. On this site, in the name of the community we ask everyone to exercise that Lost Art of Diplomacy which, shockingly enough, can be done without impinging on your opinion.

So, on with the sharing already!  ;)

16243[/snapback]

Cheers, well said Jason!

So after all this...

keltuzar did you get the vids?

or what?

;)

you have to register on 3Dbuzz. once you did that, simply click on the link to the houdini tutorials, they're on the front page, and it'll take you to the downloads. on the sad note, it's a damn shame they have discontinued the

online houdini program. so much good stuff, so well put... oh, well...

Cheers, well said Jason!

So after all this...

keltuzar did you get the vids?

or what?

;)

16254[/snapback]

Well I bought Buzzby's dvds reason being I met the guy at siggraph and also I talked with him and he is an awesome, dedicated person who wants to help the houdini community but the downside is that he is all alone in providing the educational media. And he also told me that he wants to provide stuff for free but the problem is that users sometimes forget to donate to help him pay for the server and also managing the website.

Plus let me tell you this too, when I bought the houdini dvd I also got the maya one for FREE. So I really dont know if I was lucky or maybe it is like something he is providing.

Just support the guy is all I am saying. He wants to help people like me learn houdini, but cannot becuase he is has no financial backing.

I agree, I think what he's doing is amazing, and I really hope his new business model works out (and I believe it may).

I do, however think that it's a little naive to offer something for free and then cry about it when no-one pays you for it. It's incongruous to the world of business, and is certainly not a viable plan.

just my meager 2c

M