convert curve to edge selection

Jesper Rahlff

Good evening to the best forum in the world.

got a little problem I need an extra pair of eyes on.. 

I have some geo I would like to lay out UVs for.

I have used the shortestpath node to create curves of where I would like my seems to be created.

now my question is, how do I proceed? I am not really familiar with the uv tools in houdini.
I think I would want to convert my curves into edge selections on my mesh (which I am not sure how to do), and then from there use somekind of uv node specifying my edge selection groups as seems to flatten it out.

any ideas?

Cheers

what about this ? I know it looks s**thouse...but that's because my experience level belongs in the scheissenhausen...hopefully the gist is there ?

(otherwise just Luiz Kruel to help, there should be a video on auto UV using shortestpath...and tool !!!)

PathsToSeams.hipnc

Edited by Noobini

Check out the Game Development Toolset from guys at Side FX (Luiz, Mike , Paul, etc) Have done an incredible job. They have a few good UV tools make it easier to work with. Highly recommend to download. Also there is a tool that just does what you are looking for I believe.

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/game-development-toolset-overview/

https://github.com/sideeffects/GameDevelopmentToolset

• Thanks 1