What is this? weird things on model after using voronoi fracture

anicg

yea its because your model is garbo, you could try your luck with a fuse and clean sop but prob have to fix it yourself or send it back to modeling dept if you have one..
or just use booleans as its the more modern way 
and the piece of house your fracturing at the start there - way to big, each door frame and wall should be fractured on its own (use a for loop), and it looks like the walls are planes - you never want planes always some depth

Edited by Yon

because by default, the voronoi fracture has Create Interior Surfaces ON. If you untick, you won't get the problem.

Use a simple box to visualise the problem, if you voronoi fracture this box.....the box is paper thin, but after the fracture it magically has the 'inside' (use explode to see)

Now the box is simple, so there's no problem there...but your geo is very complexed......all paper thin...but the fracture is trying to create internal geos and eventually, things break down.

Edited by Noobini

17 hours ago, Noobini said:

because by default, the voronoi fracture has Create Interior Surfaces ON. If you untick, you won't get the problem.

Use a simple box to visualise the problem, if you voronoi fracture this box.....the box is paper thin, but after the fracture it magically has the 'inside' (use explode to see)

Now the box is simple, so there's no problem there...but your geo is very complexed......all paper thin...but the fracture is trying to create internal geos and eventually, things break down.

Many thanks, does it mean that when modeling I should avoid "paper thin" and make sure everything has some dept? do you have some checklist to make sure the model is ready for destruction? I will use existing models, or make them, but in both cases I need to end up with something I can use.

And for this current building model, do I just need to add dept to the paper thin parts, or is there more to worry about? because the chimney is not paper thin, yet it has the same problem.

Edited by anicg

I think you have to consider both ideas.

01) is the object SOLID

02) is it properly closed.

So if you were breaking a large rock, let's pretend somewhat spherical shape, so break a 'noisy' sphere normally...looks perfect because it's a closed shape AND we know a rock is solid inside (ignore porous rock)

But if you live in a house made of a repurposed shipping container...ie. a box, sure it's a closed shape, fine but when you break it...it's solid inside....surely you CANNOT live in a house that is SOLID inside. So then you have to give the walls 'thickness' like in real life, so when using extrude...remember to output back side...(and check for any other holes too)

Edited by Noobini