I need to create a rolling plans / paper animation clip.  What approach would you recommend?

ISUther

I need to create a rolling plans / paper animation clip. 
What approach would you recommend?

Paper should roll to table like rolling architectural plans or some sort of map.

What nodes you would use?

I was thinking bend node but may be there is some other more effective method?
Some sort simulation?

map-table-remember-tableau-map-layers.jpg

I just got one side to work then copied that bend node and placed it next in line. I flipped some of the axis so it was pointed in the negative direction. I think I animated the origin in each direction as well.

Oh, that other junk was just left over from a first attempt. I wondered if it were possible to just animate a curve profile using a BlendShapes but there is some point ordering issues with that approach.

Edited by Atom

2 hours ago, Atom said:

I just got one side to work then copied that bend node and placed it next in line. I flipped some of the axis so it was pointed in the negative direction. I think I animated the origin in each direction as well.

Oh, that other junk was just left over from a first attempt. I wondered if it were possible to just animate a curve profile using a BlendShapes but there is some point ordering issues with that approach.

Do you know how to add extra turns to end and start or paper rolls?
Getting weird issues when trying to add another bend. 
Here is video where i try to explain this. Hope it helps and you can assist. Or anyone in this matter.
I am noob in Houdini day by day trying to learn more. 

Sirkel_Mall_Logo_Projekt.hiplc

well think of OTHER ways...there's no rules saying you have to do the same thing others have done before you.

Vellum, 2 cyls, stick left/right edges to the cyls...roll cyls towards middle.

If I just GIVE you the file...where's the satisfaction in exploring on your own ?