Jump to content
DonRomano

Thin Sheet Fluid

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, so after my very long thread (https://forums.odforce.net/topic/44053-implement-kernel-maths-in-vex/) I finally found a solution. 

The setup works great at 0.05 res, you might have to dive inside the solver and change some parameters to get it work at other resolutions (especially to get the droplets).

Here are some test :

ezgif.com-video-to-gif_(2).gif.5f966cfe30a2bb5020716adddd4e5e46.gif

Emission threshold at 60 (depending on the situation, there might be some abusive expansion, like at the end on the rubber toy, but this seems impossible to fix when you want a full thin sheet)

Stretch threshold at 0.75 / Surface Tension 0.5

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.375cac14129f3292821d7b732f3accfd.gif

Emission threshold at 15 / Stretch threshold at 1.25 / Surface Tension 1

ezgif.com-video-to-gif_(1).gif.fdf49d2ea60c82a14f163f9410b95649.gif

Houdini default Flip with Surface Tension at 1 

5dc5a6faaaded_ezgif.com-video-to-gif(3).gif.4350d7bb94eadd0e4401eda1aa4934d5.gif

Crown test with 50 Emission threshold (problem with infinite expansion with liquid dropping from the collider)

 

If someone has suggestion to improve it, feel free to tell me :)

I'm still working on fixing the infinite expansion issue, but the emission threshold is doing great until 20-30 depending on the situation

 

Cheers,

thin_sheet_solver.hipnc

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The effcets are awesome!

I tested the file you uploaded and followed your parameters, but I couldn't get the effect(rubbertoy)you showed.

Do you have any Solver configuration tips?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dafa1011 said:

The effcets are awesome!

I tested the file you uploaded and followed your parameters, but I couldn't get the effect(rubbertoy)you showed.

Do you have any Solver configuration tips?

 

Try to add a gas surface tension and play with the amount ! Also, add the id per particle option (to be able to retime). And play with gravity/drag to get what you want ! ;)

 

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice setup! How would you adjust that if you had smaller scale and a particle resolution of say 0.003 or something like that? Which parameters would you scale up or down? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @DonRomano Thanks for this! It's a very clever setup!

I wanted to ask if the point wrangle on the source points is needed for the thin sheet solver to work inside of DOPs? Is that point wrangle setting some attributes that get referenced inside the DOP noetwork?

int pts[] = pcfind(0, "P", @P, 1, 2);

i[]@origpair = pts;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2020 at 4:21 PM, Gianni333 said:

Very nice setup! How would you adjust that if you had smaller scale and a particle resolution of say 0.003 or something like that? Which parameters would you scale up or down? :)

Well, I didnt get my head into the tool for a long time, but i'll say the snap distance, a smaller distance threshold and a smaller emission threshold

On 26/05/2020 at 8:28 AM, GlennimusPrime said:

Hi @DonRomano Thanks for this! It's a very clever setup!

I wanted to ask if the point wrangle on the source points is needed for the thin sheet solver to work inside of DOPs? Is that point wrangle setting some attributes that get referenced inside the DOP noetwork?


int pts[] = pcfind(0, "P", @P, 1, 2);

i[]@origpair = pts;

 

Hey, it was for testing purpose but I ended up not using it because it was not optimal, and I forgot to delete it ! 

 

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×