Installing Qlib Package method

Hi guys I am trying to install qlib for houdini 17.5 using the package method. The instructions says

Extract and move it into the Houdini config folder in your home folder and Copy the qLib_linux.json (or qLib_windows.json) file into the packages folder

that didnt do much so i added my path to the folder in the  last line."path" I got some of the tools to show up but its not loading the other OTLs. I am guessing I need to add the path to other sections but I am not sure where.

{
    "env": [
        {
            "QLIB": "$HIH/qLib-dev",
        },
        {
            "QOTL": "$QLIB/otls",
        },
        {
            "HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH": "$QOTL/base;$QOTL/future;$QOTL/experimental;$HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH",
        },
    ],

"path": "$QLIB",
}

on Houdini 16.5 I have this ENV

works perfectos

# HOUDINI_NO_SPLASH = 1
HOUDINI_OGL_SOFTWARE = 1

HOUDINI_PATH = F:/GameDevelopmentToolset-Development;&

QLIB = C:/Users/user/Documents/houdini16.5/qLib-dev
VISUAL  = "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\subl.exe"

HOUDINI_GALLERY_PATH = &;$QLIB/gallery
HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH = &;$QLIB/otls/base;$QLIB/otls/future;$QLIB/otls/experimental
HOUDINI_TOOLBAR_PATH = &;$QLIB/toolbar

HOUDINI_PATH = C:/Users/user/Documents/houdini16.5/MyExtraToolSet; &

HOUDINI_OCL_DEVICETYPE=CPU
HOUDINI_SPLASH_FILE = C:/mySuns.jpg

--------------------------

*MyExtraToolSet just for everything else*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Krion said:

Any solution? Doesn't work when I copy either the qLib_package_linux.json or the qLib_package_windows.json in my packages folder on OSX. Is qLib not available for Mac?

Where did you put `qLib_package_linux.json` and the `qlib` folder?

On OSX, 

1. download the qlib compressed file, decompress to the path whatever you like, e.g. "~/houdini/", and rename the qlib folder to "qLib", now the qLib code is in "~/houdini/qLib"

2. copy the `qLib_package_linux.json` file to one of the houdini packages folder, for OSX, you can put it in "~/Library/Preferences/houdini/xx.xx/packages", if "packages" folder is not found in "~/Library/Preferences/houdini/xx.xx", just create one

3. edit the `qLib_package_linux.json` file, replace 

"QLIB": "$HIH/qLib-dev"

to

"QLIB": "~/houdini/qLib" 

"~/houdini/qLib" is the path where qLib codes live in Step 1.

4. done

4 hours ago, Coolzilj said:

Where did you put `qLib_package_linux.json` and the `qlib` folder?

On OSX, 

1. download the qlib compressed file, decompress to the path whatever you like, e.g. "~/houdini/", and rename the qlib folder to "qLib", now the qLib code is in "~/houdini/qLib"

2. copy the `qLib_package_linux.json` file to one of the houdini packages folder, for OSX, you can put it in "~/Library/Preferences/houdini/xx.xx/packages", if "packages" folder is not found in "~/Library/Preferences/houdini/xx.xx", just create one

3. edit the `qLib_package_linux.json` file, replace 

"QLIB": "$HIH/qLib-dev"

to

"QLIB": "~/houdini/qLib" 

"~/houdini/qLib" is the path where qLib codes live in Step 1.

4. done

Hi, I have done this, but now it's the same as when I had it installed with this packager app

I have the menu bar 'qLib' submenu, but I don't have the nodes/assets. Any ideas? 
Is this option in the submenu supposed to open the HDA's? Because then I get this error:

5e3d66d291c1b_Screenshot2020-02-07at14_31_33.png.19c263b0733af9a31b32609246a42731.png5e3d66d6452c1_Screenshot2020-02-07at14_31_37.png.f789461f8fc9fdfd6de23c4ffab47e15.png

12 minutes ago, Krion said:

Hi, I have done this, but now it's the same as when I had it installed with this packager app

I have the menu bar 'qLib' submenu, but I don't have the nodes/assets. Any ideas? 
Is this option in the submenu supposed to open the HDA's? Because then I get this error:

5e3d66d291c1b_Screenshot2020-02-07at14_31_33.png.19c263b0733af9a31b32609246a42731.png5e3d66d6452c1_Screenshot2020-02-07at14_31_37.png.f789461f8fc9fdfd6de23c4ffab47e15.png

I think you have already installed qLib successfully, try to read the qLib documentations if you hit any errors. 

Try `TAB` then type `qL`, see if you can find any nodes assets.

But is it even the case that the menu option should open the hda’s in the file? Or should the hda’s/otls already be in every new file?

Because I don’t have the nodes when pushing TAP. And the online docs don’t seem to talk about this. The local docs from the qLib folder seem to be empty. Also when accessing from the qLib>Help menu option.

Did a few redownloads and reinstalls but nothing did help. 

Edited by Krion

1 hour ago, Krion said:

But is it even the case that the menu option should open the hda’s in the file? Or should the hda’s/otls already be in every new file?

Because I don’t have the nodes when pushing TAP. And the online docs don’t seem to talk about this. The local docs from the qLib folder seem to be empty. Also when accessing from the qLib>Help menu option.

Did a few redownloads and reinstalls but nothing did help. 

Hm, interesting. Hda’s/otls are already there, you don't have to "open", pushing TAB you should see qLib.

Which version of houdini are you running?

Are you downloading the newest qLib codes from https://github.com/qLab/qLib?

Can you show a screenshot of your qLib folder and qLib_package_linux.json file which you put in packages folder?

The menu error you posted earlier is a bug only existes in macOS,

I'm filing a pull request to fix it, you can find it here https://github.com/qLab/qLib/pull/965.

Btw, I have no idea what the this packager app do,

maybe it's the reason,

you may undo whatever you did before and follow my 3 steps instructions.

Edited by Coolzilj

• 6 months later...