Better Tornado Result

Ultraman

Sorry I don't have time to look at your file, but there have been a number of Tornado threads in the Effects forum before so it is worth searching for other example scene files/techniques on the site

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ryew said:

Sorry I don't have time to look at your file, but there have been a number of Tornado threads in the Effects forum before so it is worth searching for other example scene files/techniques on the site

thanks dude ... i checked already ,

but i'm looking for tip/tricks in pyro setup how can help to improved  my tornado ... 

I worked on a tornado of photos a couple of years back. I ended up making two sparse tornadoes exactly on top of one another, but spinning at different speeds. It helped the final look. You might be able to accomplish that with a Retime of the original if you already have it cached out.

Adding debris spinning around might be nice if it applies to your scene.

Your setup looks pretty good overall.

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, supertwiki said:

simple shape and rotate $F plus...  a tornado moving at 200km move aprox  a 50meter per second so $F*2 in tx and $F*8 in  ry or lees or more  would be ok

lol yes it's work nicely , i don't want to use cheat this time ;)) 

The setup you have is pretty good. 

I tweaked just a few things (I actually just simplified everything a little) and optimized your sim so it runs faster.

Attached is the modified file. I copied your geo node and renamed it so you can see the difference between the two.

Feel free to ask questions if any may arise.

Tornado_example.gif

Tornado_JR_v1.hiplc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jesper Rahlff said:

I tweaked just a few things (I actually just simplified everything a little) and optimized your sim so it runs faster.

Attached is the modified file. I copied your geo node and renamed it so you can see the difference between the two.

Tornado_example.gif

Tornado_JR_v1.hiplc

Edited by Milad Savar

1 hour ago, Jesper Rahlff said:

Tornado_example.gif

Tornado_JR_v1.hiplc

thanks lot's Jesper , that's cool , one question i have how can avoid (fire / turb)  behavior around the vortex ?

Check out Fencer's localized drag setup. You could place a tube around the portion of the tornado you want to affect and alter the code in the drag node to use the distance from the points of the cone to affect how strongly the drag takes place.

For instance, up to distance 1 from the center, no drag will be applied, then more farther away. Anything after distance 3 will get 50% drag.

vector p1 = point(0, "P", 0);
float dis = distance(p1, @P);
@vel *= fit(dis, 1, 3, 1, 0.5);

This also let's you crank up the velocity a bit on the source node.

tornado.gif

Edited by Atom
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Atom said:

Check out Fencer's localized drag setup. You could place a tube around the portion of the tornado you want to affect and alter the code in the drag node to use the distance from the points of the cone to affect how strongly the drag takes place.

For instance, up to distance 1 from the center, no drag will be applied, then more farther away. Anything after distance 3 will get 50% drag.

vector p1 = point(0, "P", 0);
float dis = distance(p1, @P);
@vel *= fit(dis, 1, 3, 1, 0.5);

This also let's you crank up the velocity a bit on the source node.

tornado.gif

thanks really nice ...., i try it and get exactly beautiful behavior  ..

Edited by Milad Savar