Trying To Understand Sweep and Vertices

RyanJP

When I sweep along a curve which was built by taking a grid and running a carve on it, my sweep looks like this-

image.thumb.png.f00c06d32e02dda75d25fcf81b71511a.png

However my I try to do it on a curve that was created by taking a line, and then copying to smaller lines on the ends and fusing, it looks like this-

image.thumb.png.17c97c2400c138641cbc4da1bd902669.png

As you can see the corners are messed up. I assume this has something to do with vertices as the first example contains only 4 vertices and the 2nd has 6. I'm just wondering specifically what the issue is here and of course how I can fix it

21 minutes ago, RyanJP said:

When I sweep along a curve which was built by taking a grid and running a carve on it, my sweep looks like this-

image.thumb.png.f00c06d32e02dda75d25fcf81b71511a.png

However my I try to do it on a curve that was created by taking a line, and then copying to smaller lines on the ends and fusing, it looks like this-

image.thumb.png.17c97c2400c138641cbc4da1bd902669.png

As you can see the corners are messed up. I assume this has something to do with vertices as the first example contains only 4 vertices and the 2nd has 6. I'm just wondering specifically what the issue is here and of course how I can fix it

maybe your curve has more than one primitive.

14 minutes ago, Ultraman said:

maybe your curve has more than one primitive.

Ok awesome that got me one step of the way, was able to use an add node to get it down to a single primitive but now now my point numbers are off, is there a simple way to flip two of them (2 and 3) 

image.png.cd034fbd8b79c9078052c6f103d6201f.png

1 minute ago, RyanJP said:

Ok awesome that got me one step of the way, was able to use an add node to get it down to a single primitive but now now my point numbers are off, is there a simple way to flip two of them (2 and 3) 

image.png.cd034fbd8b79c9078052c6f103d6201f.png

yes, you can use dirty way in add sop - delete geometry keep point - then go the polygon >bygroup >write in name group 0 1 3 2 - never use this way ;) - u must check from the top why u have this issue -

and if u have multi primitive in curve use join sop converting to single prim .

8 minutes ago, Ultraman said:

yes, you can use dirty way in add sop - delete geometry keep point - then go the polygon >bygroup >write in name group 0 1 3 2 - never use this way ;) - u must check from the top why u have this issue -

and if u have multi primitive in curve use join sop converting to single prim .

Haha yes- very dirty way to do it. Actually this has helped me to figure out what the problem was when I created the shape. And I was not aware of the Join SOP, so that's great. Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, eikonoklastes said:

Use PolyPath to combine primitives.

2 hours ago, DonRomano said:

Polypath -> connect end points, and if your point numbers are still wrong, use a Sort with Vertex Order.

Amazing guys. Thank you. I'm going to use that node all the time!!