Recreate X-Particles effect in Houdini

CCILko

Hi, I already know it's possible, but I don't know how to do it yet. Could anyone tell me a help me how to recreate these effects in Houdini with Particles? This work is from artist Michael Rigley he do that with X-Particles in C4D. I have little experience with C4D but I would like to focus on Houdini as much as possible. I don't quite know where to start so I don't have any file to give you. 

There is link for Michael Rigley work

DAK_MFR_220602_037.jpeg

DAK_MFR_220608_001.jpeg

DAK_MFR_220608_005.jpeg

The Vimeo hip is kind of old. I went ahead and upgraded some of the H14 old nodes to H20 equivalents and added a popnet to implement the escaping particles. Make sure to keep their life low, or  they'll build up quickly. Danil's original file did not have an animated source. This version uses MocapBiped3 to drive the effect, but any FBX or Alembic should do.

lidar_psys.gif

ap_danil_lidar_041824.hiplc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

@Librarian I want to emit particles from point on top of the sphere a these emited particles going down from edges/lines, that I've marked, I mean, I'd like to determine the path for particles. But maybe I can't describe it well enough. 

12 hours ago, Librarian said:

@CCILko if you play with this you can achieve that , or you mean Something else ...exactly on those selected curves or??  More info Please , Final Goal??

This is what would be final goal, but this was done in C4D

tumblr_6fec2c08131a015f79fa974ce147ff4d_87db2e0a_400.gif