NEXTLIMIT: Beta Test the new Houdini plugin for RealFlow!

NextLimit

We are pleased to announce a new beta version of the Houdini version 10 plugin for RealFlow. If you would like to test it, please write to us at techdeskatnextlimitdotcom.

Yours,

Rosanna

Next Limit Marketing team

Edited by NextLimit

Guest xionmark

Odd. What's different about these plugins vs. the ones I wrote? Has the format changed?

(actually it might be nice to not have to support these plugins any more ... hmmmm ... I think I like the sound of that!)

Awesome news!

For the record, I love the open-source RF plug-ins from Mark. They rock, hard.

However it would be very nice to have someone "official" to compile and support the plugin.

Seeing how a compiled Houdini plugin only works with the build it was compiled against, any idea on how Production/Daily Builds will be supported?

Edited by melazoma

Guest xionmark
Seeing how a compiled Houdini plugin only works with the build it was compiled against, any idea on how Production/Daily Builds will be supported?

Compiling is easy, it's the VC8 version that's missing right now as I refuse to give Micro$oft any of my money.

To compile:

hcustom SOP_RF_Import.C

hcustom SOP_RF_Export.C

Couldn't be easier ...

Yea, NL can take over, I think I'm done with RF.

Mark

don't give up on it just yet ! The nextlimit one is still in it's very early stages, and I'm sure there could be room for both. Did you make any progress with the 64bit particle export ?

thanks

-ranxx

Compiling is easy, it's the VC8 version that's missing right now as I refuse to give Micro$oft any of my money.

To compile:

hcustom SOP_RF_Import.C

hcustom SOP_RF_Export.C

Couldn't be easier ...

Yea, NL can take over, I think I'm done with RF.

Mark

Guest xionmark
don't give up on it just yet ! The nextlimit one is still in it's very early stages, and I'm sure there could be room for both. Did you make any progress with the 64bit particle export ?

M'Kay .... :-)

Yea, I figured out the 64bit problem, will test again though because I've had little to no time recently and quickly debugged the last rev.

I think I can get a VC8 version too ... apparently the new version of the free compiler builds optimized code (didn't know that, oops), and, well is free (oops again). I have it installed but am having some problem with hcustom finding everything (via the MSVCDir var). I might have them compiled fresh today, likely tomorrow. Again, very little time right now. Another good reason it would be good for NL to support the RF SOPs ... geez, the code's out there, use it, modify it, whatever. It just would be nice to have NL support Houdini users.

:ph34r:

Fluidly yours,

Mark

Guest xionmark

OK, So I got the express vesion installed but for some reason hcustom can't find the compiler or somthing:

[mstory@mercury ...Documents and Settings/mstory]$ echo $MSVCDIR

C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1.0\VC

[mstory@mercury ...Documents and Settings/mstory]$ cd $MSVCDIR

[mstory@mercury ...mstory/C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1.0\VC]$ ls

Express VCProjectDefaults include vcpackages vcvarsall.bat

Profile VCWizards lib vcprojectitems

VCNewItems bin redist vcprojects

Yet, hcustom isn't happy:

[mstory@mercury ...mstory/C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1.0\VC]$ cd $HT/samples/SOP/

[mstory@mercury ...samples/SOP]$ hcustom SOP_Star.C

Making 'SOP_Star.o' and 'C:/DOCUME~1/mstory/MYDOCU~1/houdini9.5/dso\SOP_Star.dll

' from 'SOP_Star.C'

[mstory@mercury ...samples/SOP]$

But doesn't go any further than that ...

Got any ideas?

Can someone post their MSVCDIR var contents for comparisons?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Odd. What's different about these plugins vs. the ones I wrote? Has the format changed?

(actually it might be nice to not have to support these plugins any more ... hmmmm ... I think I like the sound of that!)

The funniest thing is that in their plugin download directory where they have listed a plugin for Houdini 9.5 they directly link to http://www.digitalcinemaarts.com/ ... LOL

source:http://www.realflow.com/descg_240107_02.htm

Nice one :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have some troubles with the plugin ,i am using 10.0.374 and when i load the mesh in houdini everything is fine except the cashing, i dont know how to clear the cache of the rf node,every 100 frames i have to restart houdini,this cache dosnt shows up at the cache manager,any help will be much appreciated. Thanks