cmiVFX Launches Houdini Shading And Rendering Video

Thats nice, its always fun when new training material comes to houdini! gonna test it out as soon as i get that darn promo-code to work :batman: Oh yes i agree with allegro, its kinda annoying sometimes to only have the videos as streaming content, takes its time when wanting to jump around in the video (looking for something) or that day when internet is down and you figure its a good time to refresh memory of some tutorial you got but cant since its streaming so u actually do some real world stuff instead :P

Edited by Magnus Pettersson

Nice! Congrats on getting some more content out there. Too bad it's streaming video, I would have been interested in buying something on this topic.

Hi

Chris(from cmivfx) told me a while ago that you can buy any video to download just by adding like 15 bucks I think, and you get a download

Chris has to confirm this, just ask him.

Edited by varomix

Hi

Chris(from cmivfx) told me a while ago that you can buy any video to download just by adding like 15 bucks I think, and you get a download

Chris has to confirm this, just ask him.

Well, he asked me to write him an email about alternative purchase, I wrote him - this was in February - he never responded. Maybe you have more luck.

This is very strange, why should I pay more than others, just because I want a download. sound like a rip off of honest costumers.

as long as they have only streaming I will not buy anything from them.

Yep, it sucks.

It's a bad business model if you ask me. I know they went this route because of fears of piracy, but they're kidding themselves if they think that people aren't able to rip the feed anyway. All that ends up happening is that they punish their legitimate customers.

I don't mind the steaming...I haven't had any trouble with it since they started...

and lets face it - physical media for this kind of thing is dead...music, movies and TV will, in a short time, be fully on demand - as they should be.

long live the new flesh!

I don't mind the steaming...I haven't had any trouble with it since they started...

and lets face it - physical media for this kind of thing is dead...music, movies and TV will, in a short time, be fully on demand - as they should be.

long live the new flesh!

Spare a thought for us poor souls left out in the bandwidth cold will ya? ;). Aaaalms for the poor!

long live the new flesh!

I have bought a couple of their videos and i have had some trouble with it too like the streaming repeating itself once in a while (i think it has to do when i paused on and off) and its bad when my internet feels like going slow on me which makes the streaming a little painful (oh i miss sweden and my 100/100 mbps fiber internet for hardly no money at all).

I dont really need a physical copy, it could be enough having access to a downloadable copy atleast =) i can understand if it would cost more to have physical copies also because its extra work and costs but it would be nice with the option to buy streaming+copy for those who wants, i would pay a little extra for that atleast! (but lazy as i am a downloadable version would be best, then i dont need to get that dvd or have to wait for it to come ;))

anyway its good that cmiVFX makes tutorial videos for houdini, they are needed and gladly welcomed :)

Edited by Magnus Pettersson