Werewolf fur render test

Mzigaib

Here's a render test that i did for a project that I was working on Houdini.

This forum helped me to solve a lot of problems on this project.

It's not the final thing yet.

I hope you like it.

http://www.vimeo.com/26751514

I used the standard fur tool and mantra to render.

Turn the loop on for better visualization.

Edited by Mzigaib

The fur looks really good, how long did it take to render the scene? Did you also model the wolf in Houdini?

- Jonas

Sorry about lacking this information, it was modeled, rigged and animated on Maya and fur and rendering in Houdini.

The character in Houdini was a digital asset and it was procedurally updated everytime I got a new animation and even when I got to change it's topology at some level. I just had to place on a scene once and still could keep on working on the fur without worrying about animation, rigging and like I said in some level modeling. I got a couple of Shots with the character that worked really well as an asset. Soon as I have the final and permitted shots I'll post here.

The frame was 1920X1080 stereo and time frame was something between 45 min - 1 hr most of the time was taken by generating the shadow map and creating the procedural fur.

Edited by Mzigaib

That looks really amazing. I'm not sure what look you are going for, but I would think that a bit more thatching and matting in the fur would be a little more... fearsome. Though by the overall look of the character, you are going for more "Ice Age" than "Van Helsing", in which case... bravo. It looks beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...