Tumbling Method

28 members have voted

1. 1. Tumbling Method

• Standard Houdini Tumbling
    • Classic Houdini Tumbling
    • 80's Style Euler Tumbling

<silly comment removed>. I know some people who just can't use any other type of tumbling. For me however it annoys the bejeebers out of me, so I'm a new tumbling method kinda guy.

I will say it took me a while to get used to though....

Cheers

Marc

I honestly can't really tell the difference between any tumbling method. The only tumbling methods I've ever had a problem with were Max's because it was prone to gimbal lock, and I think it was Strata, which had a Flight Simulator style where the vertical axis was inverted like a flight yoke.

Right now I'm using Classic I think.

I honestly can't really tell the difference between any tumbling method. The only tumbling methods I've ever had a problem with were Max's because it was prone to gimbal lock, and I think it was Strata, which had a Flight Simulator style where the vertical axis was inverted like a flight yoke.

The Euler one always has Y-up

It's "Standart" for me. With Tilted Homing.

And depending on the number of objects I'm viewing at the moment,

I switch options for moving or maintaining viewport pivot when panning.

BTW. I can't figure out how are "Classic" and "80's" are different?

To me they seem to be identical.

Set by Ken no doubt.

Kicking a leg on Wolfwoods chair as you walk by his desk then look at his expression: No charge.

Spill sticky maple syrup on Wolfwood's keyboard and watch him lick his fingers for days: No charge.

Change the tumble pref from 80's euler to classic on someone's (former maya users) houdini session then forget to set it back and the look on the user's face when they try to tumble: priceless.

Classic all the way baby!