FLIP - Hold tip of a snot?

ParticleSkull

Hey guys,

I'm working on this snot simulation and I need the top part of it to be "attached" to a nose. Any ideas on how to proceed?

d98Rh7a.jpg

EDIT:
Right now it's like this but I need to "constraint" it to a character.
5S58ELZ.gif

Thank's

Alvaro

Snot - v1-a.hipnc

Edited by ParticleSkull
add more info

Hey Anthony, thx man! This will be very useful on the next take of the animation. 

The snot will get out of the nose (it's a weird character) and then, on all the other takes, it just have to be wiggling constrainted to his nose. 
I can use the same mesh but now as a fem sim :)

/Alvaro

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I did something similar a few weeks ago (that ended up not being used). I took a curve, constrained some of it's points and did a wire sim. Then I used a Point Replicate and adjusted pscale along the length of the curve, and then I meshed it. The result was a dangling snot with a bigger "drop" at the end of it. If you only need a dangling snot thing, with not much other interaction, I think a full flip/grain sim is a bit overkill and harder to control.

• Like 2

@Skybar yeah that makes sense there for the snot thing - actually i'm trying to create the classic popping balloon filled with fluid and having a bit of issues - for some reason cant seem to pin the balloon to the top :/

attached a scene if your interested!  its pretty much based on the snot example further up by @sekow

but what i'd like to do is get a balloon to hang and i cant for life of me suss out how to pin the grains till they're hit by the bullet :/

sorry to hijack the thread but any ideas?

balloon_pop_v02_flip.hip

lack of experience prevents me from doing any of this...but just thinking aloud....what about suction force in H16...just right near the end, turn suction on with falloff etc..etc...?

get down and boogie !!! (or should that be get UP you booger !!!)

Edited by Noobini

@ParticleSkull nice one at least there's a few ways. I think I'm going to end up doing it the full way.. a balloon cloth shape that pops when hit releasing the fluid. It'll be slower but more like how it should be.  I just wish I could suss this stuff out more tbh i feel like I've hit a wall with various things in houdini lately :(