Textures on Viewport (Simple Question)

You're not alone, I can't get it to work either.

I sit here imagining all those latte sipping designers using other 3D apps where the viewport just "works". Ah the life...

Meanwhile, back to the Houdini cave...

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

keyword is Material

in D>Effects>Use Materials

Tho, I don't quite understand it...in Atom's case...if I use UVquickshade...it shows immediately...if I sub in the Mandril.pic...I have to turn on Use Materials...when I haven't assigned any material yet...plot thickens....

Edited by Noobini
  • Like 1

there's a few different things going on here - the first post is a Vop ramp, which doesn't render to GLSL, the second  is a material that most likely doesn't have a OpenGL tag for the texture but it does bring up that H16 is meant to have better OpenGL tagging. 

Easy OpenGL tagging of shader attributes for viewport visualisation. Instead of creating hidden OpenGL parameters with channel references, you can now tag parameters on your material as representing one or more OpenGL values.

haven't seen how this works in practice yet.

• 3 years later...
On 19/03/2017 at 10:11 PM, younglegend said:

A quick and simple work around is to do all the vop stuff in cops and project it on the object using (op:/cops path) in UV quick shade. You might have to slide the view port window for the texture to update :D .I've attached a test file. Cheers!

test.PNG

coptex_H16.hipnc

I tried this approach on a complex Vop network instead of P i could only feed x/ y and z with a constant , but does not really match and more problematic it is not refreshing excepted with toggle off/on material preview

• Like 1