DaJuice

New Color Schemes

Hi everyone,

At this link you'll find three new color schemes: Ash-Smoke-Soot.zip

They are meant to be flatter and a bit more subtle compared to the standard themes. Smoke has similar values to the Houdini Dark theme, Soot is a bit darker and more desaturated, and Ash is a replacement for the Houdini Pro theme. Please let me know if you discover any usability issues or ugliness and I will do my best to update the file above. I'm 100% certain that I've overlooked some things... quite possibly obvious things. :ph34r:

78HHVp.png

Y8Ufhs.gif

Edit 12/15/18 - Updated Ash theme to fix audio waveform visibility in playbar and visibility issues with node wires and node secondary text.

Edited by DaJuice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

you should make "Ash" a bit darker and name it "Prisms" 

Good work!

But a flat version of "Houdini Light" would be great, as well (like "Ash" but brighter). And maybe try to get rid of the dull orange you get when hovering over menus.

Thanks for the feedback. Konstantin, I'm surprised. I didn't bother with a light theme because I didn't think people used them.

I know its unusual and probably a bit retro, but at daytime or during presentations its sometimes good to have a little more contrast, I think.

Posted (edited)

II've found a 3DSceneColors.bw in the zip file, I put it in config folder but I can't see no changes in viewport darkmode ?

even the node graph no changes ?

Capture d’écran 2019-08-06 à 12.28.48.png

Edited by davidyannick
infos missing

Hi David, 3DSceneColors.bw changes the color for the "Grey" viewport background (Viewport display options > Background > Color Scheme: Grey).

Your Houdini install also includes 3DSceneColors.light and 3DSceneColors.dark for the Light and Dark viewport backgrounds, but they are not being modified by these themes.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DaJuice said:

Hi David, 3DSceneColors.bw changes the color for the "Grey" viewport background (Viewport display options > Background > Color Scheme: Grey).

Your Houdini install also includes 3DSceneColors.light and 3DSceneColors.dark for the Light and Dark viewport backgrounds, but they are not being modified by these themes.

Ok thank you

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello DaJuice,
Thanks for this smoke super theme, it rocks !   it's cleaner and more serious looking too !

Now i'd like to change the default color for every new node created in every new hip file,
seems that by default the nodes color is set at about GREY(0.7) but i'd like to have my every created nodes at GREY(0.2) or DARK

I've looked inside the ST-Smoke.hcs did not found the correct name for what i'm looking for, may you please help me by answering with the correct name ?

or a technique to change this default base color for every new node ?

Thanks ;)   ++

Edited by lepetitnono

Hi lepetitnono, I'm glad you like the theme!

Changing default node colors is done inside of Houdini: http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/network/organize#themes

With your mouse over the network view hit 'd' to bring up the display options. Go to the Themes tab, click on the Default Node Colors drop down menu and duplicate one of the standard themes. Hit 'c' in network view to bring up your color palette. Ctrl drag and drop a color swatch onto your node. That color is now the default for that node type (geometry, light, camera, etc). You can right-click and add additional colors to the color palette. Hope that helps.

thanks a lot DaJuice,

I knew this, but it is not exactly what i was looking for,
this is usefull is you want to customise one node at a time but i'd like to have them all tinted in a more dark grey as default,
then from that point, i'd apply custom colors for each node that need  it > say dopnet popnet null and so...
There is no way to apply one color for every nodes ?
thank you.

What i do is then adding nodes after nodes, scenes after scenes the new color for the nodes manually > ctrl on color and apply to nodes,
then dupplicate the default nodes colors in themes ../ Network view display options  and giving it the same name,
so it adds the new colors to the current theme colors.

Edited by lepetitnono