Vellum input geometry update per frame

NoaX

Hey everyone,

Today I have a rather simple question, I'll provide my current file as well as use screenshots to quickly get across what I mean by 'Vellum input geometry update per frame.'

Step 1:

A disc: I've animated Arc End, creating a disc that closes itself, I have also grouped the inner edges. 

disc.thumb.PNG.bafd8e4987c689540d79b7526413f52e.PNG

2. Result

A curtain if you will taking the shape of the disc.

disc_curtain.thumb.PNG.c803d3c623f29594ddbf1252d758dc0d.PNG

What I would like:

I require the disc to animate into the full circle and retain the vellum effect, essentially creating a circular curtain that closes itself. However Vellum only takes the input geometry from frame 1. I have played with rest blend, but did not get it work.

Here is my file:

vellum_circle.hiplc

7 hours ago, NoaX said:

What I would like:

I require the disc to animate into the full circle and retain the vellum effect, essentially creating a circular curtain that closes itself. However Vellum only takes the input geometry from frame

Hi,

there is Match Animation check box on your vellumconstraints1 sop.

7 hours ago, fencer said:

Rough idea to rebuild geo and constraints on fly.

vellum_on_fly.gif

vellum_on_fly.hip

Hey Fencer,

Thank you  for taking the time to review this. The solution you have working is quite cool, a bit tricky with multi solver setup - so currently trying to reverse engineer so I fully get it. The idea of using Point deform inside the sopsolver1 and 2 and then merging them.. Nice!

I have a follow up question:

Here in this file I've moved your vex curtain to the right, and I've added a simple disc using labs tool (I've also made gravity go up, and pinned the inner edges) -- but you'll notice it doesn't complete the full animation cycle it stops simulating around frame 20ish.

Of course, If I edit the frame on enable solver it will try to do something. Would be curious to see what your solution is, maybe one will come to mind after I've fully grasped your file =)!

vellum_on_fly.hiplc

Again thank you 

Edited by NoaX

4 hours ago, NoaX said:

Hey Fencer,

Thank you  for taking the time to review this. The solution you have working is quite cool, a bit tricky with multi solver setup - so currently trying to reverse engineer so I fully get it. The idea of using Point deform inside the sopsolver1 and 2 and then merging them.. Nice!

I have a follow up question:

Here in this file I've moved your vex curtain to the right, and I've added a simple disc using labs tool (I've also made gravity go up, and pinned the inner edges) -- but you'll notice it doesn't complete the full animation cycle it stops simulating around frame 20ish.

Of course, If I edit the frame on enable solver it will try to do something. Would be curious to see what your solution is, maybe one will come to mind after I've fully grasped your file =)!

vellum_on_fly.hiplc

Again thank you 

Maybe keep faking like this.

vellum_on_fly_v02.hip

vellum_on_fly_v02.gif

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NoaX said:

Oh, nice one.

Did you use Fencer's technique? 

i wouldn't know tbh, cos I just went off on a tangent on my own...here's my RnD file if you'd like to dissect.

It uses mirror, so not (2) real pieces of cloth mutually reacting...but I just wanted a quick proof of concept, the gist is there.

(inspired by my stay in hospital Sept 2019, true story)

vu_CubicleCurtains.hiplc

Edited by Noobini

• 1 year later...