Modeler 2021 Released!

Alexey Vanzhula

installation says to install Modeler2021 into Houdini 18.5 "preferences" folder. is this Houdini 18.5 program folder or one on C:\user\documents . . . 

I do not have a Preferences on either program nor on user\documents folder so I take it I have to create it?

I have modeler installed on E:\modeler 20

Edited by bobc4d

1 minute ago, bobc4d said:

installation says to install Modeler2021 into Houdini 18.5 "preferences" folder. is this Houdini 18.5 program folder or one on C:\user\documents . . . 

I have modeler installed on E:\modeler 2021

C:\user\documents

this is the simplest way. editing environment variable you can install it everywhere

thank you for quick response. I installed those two folders: MODELER & PACKAGES into H18.5 preferences (which I created) but Modeler 2021 does not show up on list of shelves.  attached is my C:\user\doc\H18.5  folder 

Houdini18.5 folder .png

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot get the new Modeler 2021.1 working. I am using a Mac and added the path to the Houdini.env file. The error message I get is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "modeler_mode_toggle", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named modeler.mode

Hi Isleofgough.

I had a similar error report when I tried to install Modeler.  This was caused by installing the wrong Houdini download.  I originally used the general download rather than the Houdini download specifically designed for Python 3.  This has python3 as part of the download file name.  Perhaps you could check if you got the correct Houdini download file.

Cheers

Mal

• 2 months later...

Modeler is a game changer for general modeling in Houdini. Alexey really understands what modelers need in terms of workflows. I think an important subset of procedural modeling is NON-procedural modeling.  These are basic tools that can be used every day. The Pen tool is the best I have seen in any program ever.  It is amazing what Alexey has done with the new modeler. It's essentially a totally different modeling program that lives on top of Houdini. Yet you can still be as procedural as you want in the network editor.  If you are interested in modeling in Houdini you should pick this up. Well worth the money.

• Like 1