Posted (edited)

installation says to install Modeler2021 into Houdini 18.5 "preferences" folder. is this Houdini 18.5 program folder or one on C:\user\documents . . . 

I do not have a Preferences on either program nor on user\documents folder so I take it I have to create it?

I have modeler installed on E:\modeler 20

Edited by bobc4d

1 minute ago, bobc4d said:

installation says to install Modeler2021 into Houdini 18.5 "preferences" folder. is this Houdini 18.5 program folder or one on C:\user\documents . . . 

I have modeler installed on E:\modeler 2021

C:\user\documents

this is the simplest way. editing environment variable you can install it everywhere

thank you for quick response. I installed those two folders: MODELER & PACKAGES into H18.5 preferences (which I created) but Modeler 2021 does not show up on list of shelves.  attached is my C:\user\doc\H18.5  folder 

Houdini18.5 folder .png

I cannot get the new Modeler 2021.1 working. I am using a Mac and added the path to the Houdini.env file. The error message I get is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "modeler_mode_toggle", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named modeler.mode

Hi Isleofgough.

I had a similar error report when I tried to install Modeler.  This was caused by installing the wrong Houdini download.  I originally used the general download rather than the Houdini download specifically designed for Python 3.  This has python3 as part of the download file name.  Perhaps you could check if you got the correct Houdini download file.

Cheers

Mal

are y'all using H18.5 PY3?  Modeler 2021 requires Python 3 version of Houdini, otherwise it doesn't work