Tutorial HIP Library

Atom

I completed the particle energy shockwave tutorial. It's more of an energy shield rather than a shockwave. I have set it up to render with Karma, but XPU can't handle 100,000 particles-per-emission without crashing. The GIF shows 10,000. The tutorial author uses Mantra, which can handle more points. Another option might be to rasterize the particles and render it as a volume.

particle_shield.gif

ap_kr_particle_energy_shockwave_090622.hiplc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 2

On 9/6/2022 at 5:25 PM, Atom said:

I completed the particle energy shockwave tutorial. It's more of an energy shield rather than a shockwave. I have set it up to render with Karma, but XPU can't handle 100,000 particles-per-emission without crashing. The GIF shows 10,000. The tutorial author uses Mantra, which can handle more points. Another option might be to rasterize the particles and render it as a volume.

particle_shield.gif

ap_kr_particle_energy_shockwave_090622.hiplc

Can you also share the name of the author and the tutorial name? I'd like to check it out as well cuz it looks great!

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a scene on Houdini Blueprints depicting Crag walking through a plane. I thought the concept was nice, but the implementation was missing a feature. This is my rebuild of that scene. The background is now UV mapped in the 16:9 ratio, so you could apply footage to it. The Crag geometry is unpacked to provide a better contour tracking to the geometry shape. Other packed RBDs could take the place of Crag in this setup. The main feature I added was the addition of a primitive group around the edge where the transition takes place. This will allow a separate material to be applied, such as a glow, while still maintaining the background plate.

crag_portal.gif

ap_hdbp_stepping_through_portal_100722.hiplc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 5

On 01/10/2022 at 6:31 PM, Atom said:

I rebuilt the flip pump velocity guide boat wake setup found at this link. This HIP works with the new flip solver workflow and a basic whitewater setup.

flip_ww.gif

ap_flip_velocity_pump_100322.hiplc

flip_ww2.gif

Have you compared with the old classic DOP flip solver @Atom? The resuls looks all very very different like the example below

Vincent Thomas   (VFX and Art since 1998)
Senior Env and Lighting  artist & Houdini generalist & Creative Concepts

http://fr.linkedin.com/in/vincentthomas

FLipLEGACY.mp4

FlipSOP.mp4

On 10/1/2022 at 7:31 PM, Atom said:

I rebuilt the flip pump velocity guide boat wake setup found at this link. This HIP works with the new flip solver workflow and a basic whitewater setup.

flip_ww.gif

ap_flip_velocity_pump_100322.hiplc

flip_ww2.gif

Nice one man! thanks.
I was wondering how to blend shape that into an infinite ocean? I want to place the camera in such a way I can see the flip sim but also blend it with an infinite ocean which will use a baked spectra for render optimization 

Path tracing in Vex with #houdini #houdinifx

This actually works now you probably not want to do this ;)

Video attached and Hip file :

https://lnkd.in/dbUNkwUb

2022-10-14 22-13-58.mp4

Vincent Thomas   (VFX and Art since 1998)
Senior Env and Lighting  artist & Houdini generalist & Creative Concepts

http://fr.linkedin.com/in/vincentthomas

2022-10-14 22-13-58.mp4

Edited by vinyvince

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@crispr_boi Check this :P.. and Please post some tutorials that you on Your Spare Time.don't care I just want hip...:wub:..and (you have Internet exactly like me) use wisely  -Made/from any Source.
ok :ph34r:...mmmm ..Lovely Idea.. (i post my source , just be More Active) if you have time ..mmm ..and on my language(polabrnjaj) 
from Zambia .

fields.gif

scriptVexsmoke.hiplc

Edited by Librarian