marc: model: sci-fi elf pilot

Marc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

hey arctor.

Thanks :). Yeah the fins are just kinda rammed in at the moment. This bad boy only took a couple'a hours to do so it needs some refinement still.

But, for now. Here's a hair test :

hairtest.jpg

ah, tricky :).

If I told you, then everyone will want one. hehe...

Seriously though, I just took the nurbs patches that I'd modeled earlier (see the previous images in this thread) and used the creep sop to creep some curves on there. With some fancy point SOP trickery I got the curves to be nice and wavy.

All that and the default hair shader turned out quite well actually. After the competition is over I may do a tutorial on it, since it generates interesting results.

Cheers

Marc

Yeah you should, its good fun :)

I was going to wait until I had the GI comp test with the hair (GI body, normal hair), but my poor ol' 800Mhz machine ain't gonna do that tonight.

I'll post it tomorrow if I get a chance.

This is merely direct lighting. And she has a clay shader on her.

hairtest2.jpg

i love it! wow!

it's excellent indeed - but i'd agree that the shoulder/armpit area needs shaping up. i'd also define the clavicle area too. the breast bone is nice though.

you know what i like about her? she has a bit of a goofy underbite... and i think it should stay that way - it gives her cool character that takes away from the generic perfect woman.

thanks guys :).

Nice comments, those are the kinda things I like to hear. When you've been working on something this long you kinda lose perspective.

As for the underbite thing, I'm going to have to look into that. She is supposed to be a pinup type character, so I don't want her looking too goofy. Although I do kinda like it too, so we'll have to see how it goes :P .

Cheers

Marc