Icky Meat / Gore / Viscera Testing

exel

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sweet! Great idea. More meat, less metal.

I for one am tired of kid friendly CG.

If I may make a couple suggestions?

Add some mucus or slime. A transparent, thin, and mostly smooth displaced tight specular with a yellow-green/irridescent tinge. Like that rainbowy "bad meat" on luch meat we see from time to time.

Also chunks of fat/gristle, with different SSS thicknesses.

Parts that look semi-cooked/diseased.

Chunks and small bits of dirt/burned bits.

See attached for further inspiration.

post-1210-1197545016_thumb.jpg

Get a job slacker!

heh I'm looking, got one for me?

Thanks all for your compliments -- this is one of those things that started off one way and then through a "happy accident" took a totally different direction...

rdg -- sorry, it's just a scanned texture, no fancy procedural shading going on :mellow:

...now I'm working on some DOPs wires stuff for the "insides", I'm trying to make some strands that stretch and snap apart as the "meat" peels back, I attached a quick flipbook of what I've got started :

-JS-

meat_wires_test1_flipbook.mov

heh I'm looking, got one for me?

Thanks all for your compliments -- this is one of those things that started off one way and then through a "happy accident" took a totally different direction...

rdg -- sorry, it's just a scanned texture, no fancy procedural shading going on :mellow:

...now I'm working on some DOPs wires stuff for the "insides", I'm trying to make some strands that stretch and snap apart as the "meat" peels back, I attached a quick flipbook of what I've got started :

-JS-

the test looks pretty good.

keep us updated with more flipbooks pls. :)

Hey... cool work... very nice!

:)

I have always wondered how these peeling effects are done?... page turns etc? in DOPs?

any ideas... resources?

thanks.

Thanks Symbolic, I've thought this one through several times, for page curls and even curling tails on characters, and after lots of experimenting I always wind up just rigging it with bones and expressions -- for this particular one, I used a long chain of short bones and used expressions with time offsets to rotate each bone in sequence, causing the whole chain to curl up. Capture the grid geometry with some very wide capture regions, add a deform SOP and voila! I'll post a quick example file when I get a chance.

Meanwhile, I did some tweaks to try and get a little more action out of my wires, and added a lot more of them (flipbook attached)... I hope to fill the whole area with those wires eventually, but I'll probably have to start baking my geometry to file sequences soon...

-JS-

meat_wires_test2_flipbook.mov

It would be nice to see some of the wires have different strengths. ie some pull more before they snap. And what would be even better than that was if they pulled down on the meaty bits too. Very nice though.

It would be nice to see some of the wires have different strengths. ie some pull more before they snap. And what would be even better than that was if they pulled down on the meaty bits too. Very nice though.

hmm yeah that's a good idea, staggering some of the wire strengths would help the effect a lot, maybe I can plug some geometry point attributes into the wire glue constraint strengths? ooo having the wires tug on the flat grid shape would be good too... I don't think I'll attempt that with DOPs though, maybe just with some SOP-based trickery, like magnets or something?

I have always wondered how these peeling effects are done?... page turns etc?

Here's a quick example of how I did my "page curl" for this project, its a somewhat low-tech approach but it gets the job done:

-JS-

JS_pagecurl_demo.hipnc