Evil Sphere

Aearon

hey guys,

so after sort of finishing (read: while temporarily letting rest) my last project, i started on some r&d for a new idea.

see attachments. It's a black-hole kind of sphere that eats everything in it's path. fun stuff :)

evilsphere01_0053.jpg

here's a list of stuff that is happening.

- the boxes are rbd's that get attracted to the sphere using a force which gets exponentially stronger closer to the sphere

- the boxes are cut as part of the dops simulation

- anything that goes inside the sphere has it's backside stretched back to surface of the sphere

- all of the geometries inside the sphere are combined into an sdf volume, which acts as a source for a fluid simulation. this simulation lives in the space of the sphere

- the same sdf geometry is used to source particles which are driven by the fluid velocities

- velocities are transferred to the fluid simulation from the normals normal direction of surfaces inside the sphere, which makes the smoke rapidly expand

evilsphere01.mov

evilsphere01_points_render.mov

wow, thanks for all the comments guys!

there's more to come, but not before a little break.. next week i'm going on vacations for a month :D

sometime after that i will probably do a complete scene with this so stay tuned anyway. i already started modeling a street scene for this.