underwater atomic explosion

chumbuk

Hello everybody, do the bombing. All(mushroom, wave, clouds) created by metabol + volume vex shaders. In this regard, have a number of problems, relative to "nonDOP" design and animation volume(metabol based, etc.) . If interesting, I can tell more detail about this project.

sory for bad English.

expl_03_flik2.mov

post-4458-1239569316_thumb.jpg

post-4458-1239569321_thumb.jpg

post-4458-1239569327_thumb.jpg

post-4458-1239569336_thumb.jpg

Edited by chumbuk

Hello everybody, do the bombing. All(mushroom, wave, clouds) created by metabol + volume vex shaders. In this regard, have a number of problems, relative to "nonDOP" design and animation volume(metabol based, etc.) . If interesting, I can tell more detail about this project.

sory for bad English.

Absolutely, we're interested:) This sounds like a nice challenge for you, and so please post your progress and questions up here!

I made a small makinof the blast and put the hip-project where have all the compos except. It is possible that there were

rudimentary parts as there were many different experiments:)) With the development of technology there are many issues that I will soon correct them formulate and ask. It would be interesting to see how effective the way I chose, and what ways to use other solutions similar problems. As well as possible sources of information on this topic.

expl_makingof.mov

project.rar

• Like 2

This is based on the "Operation Crossroads: Shot Baker" US nuclear tests. I dont know if you've seen "Trinity: The Atomic Bomb movie" but the initial blast from the central column displaces a lot of water horizontally outwards in many, many "meteor type" stands of water, that a nice sprite shader job could do wonders for.

Anyways Ill check your file out for sure, and if you want any screengrabs of Shot Baker, just holla and ill rustle some up for ya!

Thanks to everyone for feedback and kind words!

This project goal touch volumetrik effects in houdini.

As always, he showed me that there is more need to learn to do a similar project qualitatively.

To formally complete the project, it is necessary to remove the flicker in the blast "cloud wave" and the

explosive mushrooms. Also in mushroom for unknown reasons, some frames losing quality, visible pixel mosaic .

Continue to be an attack on DOPs, because I love explosions.

Thanks, I went through your scene and definitely picked up some things from it.

Also in mushroom for unknown reasons, some frames losing quality, visible pixel mosaic .

Lowering the "volume step size" parameter on grib->render->dicing solved that for me.

Continue to be an attack on DOPs, because I love explosions.

You're not alone there :lol:

Edited by mrice

Hey Chumbuk,

I just want to say thankyou for sharing the file and the breakdown vid. It's an incredibly useful resource for people like myself who are just getting started, and especially fun to pick apart given the quality of the work. Now I'm off to try and understand at least some of it... :)

Cheers,

Matt

Edited by drmerman

• 4 weeks later...