Silly looking monster

DaJuice

Ha, that's great!! I really like it!

Now give us dajuicey details rendered with, subs/nurbs, blending for facial animation etc, etc..

Hey i really like what's going down with the effects challenges, and i was thinking about something like that in the modeling department. Not really a "challenge" but looking at how people approach different modeling projects and so on. mmmm...not exactly too sure at the moment....but will keep all posted.

In the meantime keep posting those models! great to see peoples work and especially in color - something i will work on soon>

Betty

Hey thx.

Nothing special, modeled the mouth as a ring shape and then just moved the verts into shape.

I'll do rigging and morph targets on my next character, whatever that will be, but first I gotta go through all the tuts.

I mainly did this guy as a short modeling project, because progress on the goat head model is so slow and I was getting a bit frustrated.

Box-modeled btw.

Peace!

Ha ha ha ha! I love him!

The only place I'd tweak is the rim of the eyes. Simply crashing the eyes into the sockets doesn't seem to do it justice, especially because the rest of the model is so tangible and goopy.

Keep working on it - I think he's great!

Sweet. Great stuff!

and betty, I think it's a great idea to do a modeling challenge... I was actually thinking about doing one for a while, but I can't think of anything good yet... Something that would incorporate cool houdininess. Maybe we'll just start out with a 5 minute foot, and see what else develops? :)

Cheers,

Snej

Very very nice there DaJuice! I, as lots of others, also love the cartoony style. And like someone said, it'd be a great avatar aswell!

I have a few questions now:

- How did you modeled it? NURBS, sub-division surfaces?

- What renderer did you use? Mantra, RenderMan, mental ray?

- How did you create that fancy "soft" shadow?

Thx Calosus,

It was modeled with SubDs, but to me it's just box-modeling I guess.

Actually, now that I remember, I didn't start with a box this time, but with a tube (for the mouth).

The renderer is mantra, and you can get area shadows by using a blurshadow shop in your light's shading parameters.

btw Stremik, he does indeed like strawberries, but prefers the taste of HUMAN FLESH!! Muahaha...

Peace!

Thanks for sharing me this information DaJuice! It's one of those models I really like it each time I look at it! :)

Also, with such a good cartoon character like this one it'd be a great marketing tool for SideFX!

Think of it, the official Houdini mascotte! (or whatever name they might give it, in such a situation)