3D Buzz Houdini Class Closed

michael

...no idea why...and in keeping with the 3D Buzz m.o. - no reasonable explanation given...

I have lots more to say about this but od[force] isn't that place for it...e-mail me and I'll come to your house and give a lecture...I have charts AND graphs!

Hmm...not good, I did not have too much time to play around with Houdini, but I liked the class thingy and the course idea in general. although I understand Buzz's reasons, I am not sure if taking it down completely was the way to go.

I am still happy and thankful that there are people like Buzz and I will wait and see if the class comes back, until then I hope that I will get enough feedback from od[force] if I am stuck :P

guys,

i know this isn't good but i am afraid if the class will take months to come back again. buzz said he would come up when he has everything settled and has time. so bad for we like students of buzz. have patience for a long time guys... buzz is really busy.

i hope he gets his things settled as soon as possible. i would love to resume my classes. i still have to submit the project.

:(:blink:

Hi there,

You can always come the odforum and sidefx forum here for help. Try not to rely only on video to hold your hand too much. Go out and explore. Houdini is a big territory. :)

Cheers,

Alex

ah my first post here...

while the vtms are excellent and the question/answer thing is ok, I wonder how many students can be bothered to build things like the requested desk or table lamp - and you can't go further without completing said tasks..

don't most students just want to explore in the direction they are interested in?

(vtms are a pain when you want to check something later- scroll through the whole thing? - I'd rather have a book/pdf anyday)

So it looks like everyone from 3dbuzz is coming here now then :). Welcome all... Perhaps we should ressurect the effects challenges. Those were cool..

edit : Speaking of which, I've pinned the more popular effects challenges for all of you who don't feel like wading through all the old posts.

They're normally pretty quick, but challenging enough to make it exciting :)