H12 goes beta!

robert.magee

I can't wait to upgrade my HD license!!!

Just wait a couple of months, all the new stuff is a dramatic change in the Houdini internals, yeah this part of every app that usually nobody is brave enough to rewrite.

So it is better to have a lot of testing and be sure is solid enough for production.

I think the wait and testing is worth.

H12 is going to be one of the most important releases in Houdini ever.

Maybe some day, sesi will implement dragging handles with a middle mouse button...... i think many many animators and scene assembly artists will be very very happy. It's very awkward right now to move character handles.....

Edited by Stalkerx777

Maybe some day, sesi will implement dragging handles with a middle mouse button...... i think many many animators and scene assembly artists will be very very happy. It's very awkward right now to move character handles.....

Do you mean like detaching that handle, moving it, then reattaching the handle just by dragging?

Nope.

It's when you can't see the handle for the object you want to move to another snap point. It's a Maya feature that's used quite frequently.

You select the object somehow (network, viewport) but you can't see the handle at all. With one of the snapping options enabled, say points, with your object selected, you can swipe with the MMB gesturally over any point in the viewport and the selected objects centre handle pivot is snapped to that point.

Just got another request for this RFE today in fact.

That's useful as well, but I think Stalkerx is referring to something even simpler...when any manipulator is selected, it can be dragged with MMB without actually needing to move your mouse over it and dragging. "viewplane" aligned is default, but you can also click on any handle to highlight it, and it can then be dragged from anywhere in the viewport with MMB. This is usually combined with the "gesture" based move, where you can SHIFT-MMB-drag in a direction, and the handle that pointing in that direction will be activated and moved, without having to actually "touch" the manipulator at all. For example, if the translate manip is displayed on a world aligned object, and you want to move the object in Y, you can SHIFT-MMB-drag "up" with your mouse from anywhere in the viewport, and the Y manip will become active and will move the object. Done multiple times in succession, this is very handy and makes layout tasks much faster. Be great to see these simple features in H12 or later.

Nope.

It's when you can't see the handle for the object you want to move to another snap point. It's a Maya feature that's used quite frequently.

You select the object somehow (network, viewport) but you can't see the handle at all. With one of the snapping options enabled, say points, with your object selected, you can swipe with the MMB gesturally over any point in the viewport and the selected objects centre handle pivot is snapped to that point.

Just got another request for this RFE today in fact.