FLIP smorganic/sheeter effect?

poppy

Very interesting thread.o 

I'm a max and zillion plugins user since 20 years and new to Houdini. I'm trying to do viscous fluid tendril with nice blobby drops right now. I would really like to see one of Pazuzu scene file.

I found that asset on Orbolt: https://www.orbolt.com/asset/vosiloB_::particle_surface_tension::1.0

Could Pazuzu's technique be similar to that asset?

Very interesting thread.o 

I'm a max and zillion plugins user since 20 years and new to Houdini. I'm trying to do viscous fluid tendril with nice blobby drops right now. I would really like to see one of Pazuzu scene file.

I found that asset on Orbolt: https://www.orbolt.com/asset/vosiloB_::particle_surface_tension::1.0

Could Pazuzu's technique be similar to that asset?

Hi Strob!

The Vosilob asset uses surface tension based on curvature decimation, so you compute the curvature and gradient of your surface field and use the two fields to push and pull in convex and concave zones, so the particle field tends to form drops and shape in nice forms. I'm using a different approach to this, I combine the curvature decimation technique with more additional custom forces and PBD based approach; So you got nice drops, tendrils, uniform distribution, and more volume conservation control; About a "fill hole" approach, I don't use a direct particle filling method mainly because of the volume gain, it woks in some scenarios but in some is not so practical, also all the particle field tends to grow and shape in a very thicker way; So for the hole filling problem I'm using a field based approach with some force, frame and pressure conditionals to control the volume gain and thickness, but this is still WIP, I'm just developing this at free time.

I hope this helps!

Alejandro

microTension_v1.5.avi

Edited by Pazuzu
  • Like 5

Phenomenal work Alejandro!

Thank you!

Here are some more tests to compare the new APIC method (swirly kernel) in the FLIP solver for H15 with the default one (splashy kernel) without hole filling approach; In those tests you can see a mask attribute as visualization, this attribute controls the weight or influence for the cohesion that controls the behavior, so red area is where full energy is apply to minimize the surface area leading to spherical shapes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_tension

Also a chocolate like sim to test the pipeline in viscous fluids and with a standard meshing stage.

Hope you like it!

Alejandro

splashyKernel.avi

SwirlyKernel.avi

preview_v004.mov

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi There

I wonder if someone could explain to me what the exported variables on the point vop Karl Richters example uses relate to please?

I'm referring to greater than , search radius and number of points

Have gotten well and truly confused here.

thanks

Nigel.

• 1 month later...