Houdini 14 Wishlist

LaidlawFX

UDIM support

not contradicting the wish.but you can try this thread, if you really need to.

http://forums.odforce.net/topic/17358-mantra-surface-material-udim-tex/

2edti1d.jpg

promote "paramter behevior", do we really need the channel reference, if the parms is already plugged in?.

Edited by willow wafflebeard

Performance test to check hip file bloat. 

Say my file has gotten to 50mb for some reason, it be cool to see where all these wasted nodes are hanging out. 

Same style as the regular speed test, but red would highlight subnets, geometry nodes, or other areas of particular wasted space, like alembic trees.

not so sure about this correct me if im wrong

in capturing using muscles, the  "Capture Metaball SOP" sets a detail attribute called MetaCaptureRoot, which is used by "Mirror Capture SOP" to search for metaballs,

example:

MetaCaptureRoot = "../../muscle"

MetaCaptureRegion = "R_brow1/muscle muscle"

Mirro Capture Region = "../../muscle/R_brow1/muscle muscle"

this means that since the root is a detail attribute, i am obligated to put my muscle nodes in one subnet or one path.

so my recommendation is make the attribute MetaCaptureRoot a vertex or point attribute instead.

Edited by willow wafflebeard

Yes please remove that unnecessary channel reference.

I think they are there to support the "pegs" workflow when the parameter inputs are collapsed. Then in that case, those channel references allows one to still modify those values without need to carefully click on the "peg".

• 2 weeks later...

From point of view of a lazy beginner same as me:

a muscle based system same as maya

a modeling tweak tool same as XSI when you press M on keyboard, ..very delicious.

a new hair system to generate and simulate long hair

a completely re-designed autorig system same as what "advance skeleton" scripts does  in maya or biped in max  do and an easy way for connection rig to motionbuilder and viseversa

an easy way to spread render on a network

a paintfx tool same as maya

nothing else  :)

edit: and adding a way to archive a projects to a folder and collect all otl , textures, map , etc in one folder Same as maya and max,...

Ok I thinks I close my mouth now

Edited by avak

Guest mantragora

From point of view of a lazy beginner same as me:

a modeling tweak tool same as XSI when you press M on keyboard, ..very delicious.

a completely re-designed autorig system same as what "advance skeleton" scripts does  in maya or biped in max  do and an easy way for connection rig to motionbuilder and viseversa

nothing else  :)

edit: and adding a way to archive a projects to a folder and collect all otl , textures, map , etc in one folder Same as maya and max,...

Ok I thinks I close my mouth now

I think there is a application that does most of those things already on the market. It even have name same as Maya ;)

• Like 1

This is the pre-flight option - Render - Preflight scene...

Muscle could be better in an auto mode, I think the controls is all there you want, but it is not wrapped the same way.

The edit sop does need love, but there has been discussion and I believe work on this hoping for H14.

The hair system is actually great for fur, sucks for human I agree. Can't do Rapunzel off the shelf, which you should be able to do now. Another place where a better shelf or wrapper of the current tools would be better.

This like before has the tool set in houdini, but needs a better wrapper. 

This is extremely easy, way easier than off the shelf maya, and max. As far as better default shaders and lightign setups, I've been complaining about that for years, that worth more lungs . Need to put a car model drop a shader and environment light and get a good production render fast, no tweaking.

You actually like that crap?! What's wrong with you, lmao? You need to be introduced to copy stamping/instancing it will be a whole new world for you...

This is the pre-flight option - Render - Preflight scene...

Muscle could be better in an auto mode, I think the controls is all there you want, but it is not wrapped the same way.

The edit sop does need love, but there has been discussion and I believe work on this hoping for H14.

The hair system is actually great for fur, sucks for human I agree. Can't do Rapunzel off the shelf, which you should be able to do now. Another place where a better shelf or wrapper of the current tools would be better.

This like before has the tool set in houdini, but needs a better wrapper. 

This is extremely easy, way easier than off the shelf maya, and max. As far as better default shaders and lightign setups, I've been complaining about that for years, that worth more lungs . Need to put a car model drop a shader and environment light and get a good production render fast, no tweaking.

You actually like that crap?! What's wrong with you, lmao? You need to be introduced to copy stamping/instancing it will be a whole new world for you...

Thanks for putting some direction for me to look at,

Oh so paintFX is a crap?!..good I  haven't wasted my time to learn it. :)

Lsystem is very good and deep but at least we can have some ready to use presets in Lsys node to have a starting points for making trees with leaves and branches and fruits and other plants

and the last one and I promise to shut my mouth next: adding a GPU renderer engine same as furryball plugin for maya,  really it will become an amazing feature for houdini. who will say no to it.

Edited by avak

Oh so paintFX is a crap?!..good I  haven't wasted my time to learn it. :)

Seems like you're are requesting things that you don't have any experience with.  I'm guessing you've no production rendering experience with furryball then too?

Edited by tar

Guest mantragora

Seems like you're are requesting things that you don't have any experience with.  I'm guessing you've no production rendering experience with furryball then too?

He never said that he got any Maya experience too ;)

Edited by mantragora

hey be nice people, he does have a point it would be nice to have some presets tat are helpful
similarly how the pyro shelf works for example. that maya has it does not immediately mean it's bad.

ontopic,

I like the image thumbnail in Vops but would suggest putting it everywhere,
same with a file sop, maybe render a quick viewport snapshot and display that on there, would be extremely helpful

Edited by freaq

Oh I agree, but the comedic timing when I read it was nice. Back to crashing software packages WHOO!!!

I agree with freaq on the thumbnail UI front. PyQT is nice as an option as the only real alternate to making those menus, but Houdini needs more of that artist oriented UI by default, like an updated color picker. A color wheel please!!! I live in a world where a 16x16 grid of color, 36 colors, is very 1990's. 

sure* - but how much more value does it have then saying 'take the best features of other products, make Houdini all faster and cheaper.' Whom would say no to that?

*related to the off-topic

Edited by tar