so_th

how can creat vortex cloud

hi , everyone. .I am learn to houdini.Do you know how to produce this effect. hope someone can help me figure this .
Thanks a lot!!

Hey SO Tsz Ho,

I attached a sample file for you which with enough res should give you a better result than that video :)

But you need to adjust the lights to get the same illumination of that video.

The file has a popnet to drive the motion of the cloud to then import into a smoke sim.

Have fun

vortex_cloud_odforce.hip

• Like 5

Thanks Diego for sharing this! Much appreciated!  Unfortunately nothing shows up in my viewport. 

I've tried reloading all cache in the pop_source but no luck. Any tips on making this work? Using Houdini FX v15.

Thanks!

James

@James: It is in the Nebula_DOP_IO. Unless you bake things out you will see nothing, however, you can move the Display flag to the BLACK OUT Null to see the nebulae without baking. It does not appear on my machine until frame #100, not sure why..?

Edited by Atom

Hi,

recently I had to deal with similar kind of effect. But I chose to do it without DOPs for fast turnarounds. However it could be enhanced with somke simulation on top of it.

tornado.hipnc

• Like 4

Hi,

recently I had to deal with similar kind of effect. But I chose to do it without DOPs for fast turnarounds. However it could be enhanced with somke simulation on top of it.

Thank you for your file to help me solve the problem