The (very) first Days...

gojade

Hi,

I just wanted to share my very first advances to get in touch with this great piece of software...

cheers

Edit: Just updated with the last renders, again:

(Week 2 starts at about 00:57. Week 3 at 02:17. Week 4 at 03:14)

Edited by gojade
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

That's nice to hear,

I'm also going to the limits now (at least with my humble workstation) and realise for the first time acutly that 16gb ram is not so much...

That's why the red fluid beame such a great cliffhanger.

But it's still like black magic mixed with voodoo to me what you guys are doing here. Just got a glimpse at Vex for example, but can roughly imagne its power... and still have to get my head around that.

I mostly try yet to use workflows I know and it kind of works well with Houdini. (Even if there are stupidities like using trail sop for the growing lines... but hell it works :)

Maybe I'll write some impressions of learning H from my point as an artist....

Yeh, thank you. Well it seems to become kind of a full grown music video.. (the track is over 8 minutes though..)

The growing glob you mentioned is like the the green one at 0:30 just a subdivided, animated polyextrude with animated mountain sop, fairly simple but nice, thanks to mantra (surface) shading with SSS.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, another update, I think it will be the last one though. It's also a bit uninspired maybe due to the hot days right now here in Germany, so both man and machine had a hard time thinking (cpu running at around 95°C ).

I think it's time for cmiVFX now and doing some serious stuff...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...