Differential curve growth

none

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, I have been seeing all the posts on this topic. I'm trying to implement the same thing using an SOP solver using VEX. 

My approach is typical, I run a wrangle node over the points, where I calculate the average vector for each point to determine the position of the current point for the next iteration. After this wrangle node, I append a resample node which will resample the curve on each frame and this creates endless growth. 

So, instead of resampling on each frame, I would like to divide the curve when the distance between two consecutive points has reached some threshold value that I set before. I don't know how to make this division using vex. I have attached my file below. I just can't figure out how to add a point between those two consecutive points and change the point number in the right order.

Line_growth_01.hipnc

• 10 months later...

I still don't understand how to create growth, that is limited to or mostly adheres to growing into two directions.

Like variant #8 and #9 in the video "a unified approach to grown structures" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HI8FerKr6Q

Changing the frequencies and amplitudes of the volume noise, doesn't seem to achieve this result.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/24/2018 at 12:29 PM, Farmfield said:

Don't know if I ever posted this one but this is a cool effect as well... :D

differential_pulse.gif

Woww! I love it! I have tried this but I can't get circles to work on a 3D surface, how did you do it? 

Thanks in advance!!! 

2 minutes ago, arane93 said:

Woww! I love it! I have tried this but I can't get circles to work on a 3D surface, how did you do it? 

Thanks in advance!!! 

To be more specific, I would like to achieve that pattern that this coral has, instead of growing lines, they are circles. How can I achieve it?

44985139-c39b-40f9-b5b1-28f01e2ffa00.jpg

6 minutes ago, arane93 said:

To be more specific, I would like to achieve that pattern that this coral has, instead of growing lines, they are circles. How can I achieve it?

44985139-c39b-40f9-b5b1-28f01e2ffa00.jpg

I have tried to do this, I attach a hip file, but it doesn't seem like the best way, I'm sure it can be done better!

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-14 210522.png

Coral_OF_v03_B.hiplc